What I like about you......

Debi

Since it's summer and the Board is a bit slow, I thought I'd try something a bit different that someone told me about.

This is how it goes: I just started the post. Now someone has to post below me, and say something nice, something they like about me or something I did, it doesn't necessarily have to be in book form :wink:. Then, someone has to post something nice about the person that posted to me, etc etc. SO basically, the end result is a string of posts saying nice things about the person that posted directly before them. (Example: My post, then Jane Doe posting about me, John Smith posting about Jane Doe, Mr. Jones posting about John Smith.) And make sure you keep checking back in case that person you really want to say something nice about happens to post, you want to be able to be the next one!!

Of course, the only glitch in the whole thing is if no one can think of anything nice to post about me to start this thing off; we will be sort of stalled at the gate so to speak. :shock: (We need a silent scream emoticon, this is stressful!)

Okay, ready, set....

Hi Debi!

Wonderful idea! How can I not think you are wonderful when we both live in the state of Oklahoma! You are always so encouraging and supportive of others when you post so I love reading your posts. And this is just another example of your positive thinking that is contagious.

Lynne

Okay, Lynne,

I love that you are here to support us after ALL you have been through and the loss of your dear Jim. You could have walked away....BUT you continue to be here for us. Not only do I love that about you, I admire your strength, and appreciate your compassion.

Kasey

Peggy, I get Peggy!!! Peggy, I can't find the words to express what you mean to me and to this group. You have left more loving footprints behind on hearts than any one person I know. There's a special place waiting for you in heaven, Peggy. Thank you for the times that you have made me feel I'm not alone. You are truly special and a real inspiration to me. Love you Peggy.

Love,

Sue

Oh, We are so happy to have our ShineladySue.

She truely does shine in our hearts.

Her encouragement, understanding, pms and loving concern have bolstered our spirits on many occasions.

Sue, we respect and admire your honesty, determination, and they way you share yourself w/ all of us.

Debi,

thanks for the start of this positive exercise.

Blessings

Pat and Brian

wow, I got an EASY one - my new friends pat & brian who send me love via the united states postal service. nevermind what they do for me, they shower everyone on this board with love, hope and faith in seemingly endless supply. but this was too easy, I HAPPENED to sign on right after they did...

now, I guess, the nail biting begins... :wink:

EDIT: I forgot to mention how brave and strong they are. and good looking. 8)

How fortunate of me to get Katie. There is so much I can say about her. But where do I start.

She is a G-d sent to us all for everything she has done to make this site a reality. She is an angel here on earth who has touch so many incredible lives. She has helped so many people directly and indirectly because of her generosity in putting in so much sweat, tears, love and time into a site that was a dream of hers to became a reality.

Not only has she given us a place of our own, that gives us hope, support, knowledge and love, but also all she has done to help make LC known through her funding and through donations so the public can become aware of this dreaded desease that is has been put on the back burners for so long.

She was an absolutely a wonderful daughter to her dad, who she loved so much and through this love she started this forum. How proud he is of her!!

And how proud we all are of our Katie!!!

Katie my love to you and Rick for making all this a reality.

Maryanne

Oooh, wow -- I get Katie! I had the pleasure of meeting her in person earlier this month, but from the very first day we talked by phone, this woman has been my friend. Katie, I admire you so much (and Ricky, too!) for all your hard work in setting this orgnanization up as a nonprofit and keeping the message boards not just running, but growing, to help more and more people. And I just love to hear you laugh! (Okay, I'm going to stop now, before someone else jumps in and steals Katie!)

BeckyCW

LOL! I didn't type fast enough! That's okay, now I get Maryanne, and that's great, too. Maryanne, I love how supportive and kind you are to everyone here. Your strength and faith and deep caring for each person here comes through loud and clear. Thank you for your encouragement and belief in all of us.

BeckyCW

P.S. I learned my lesson and made this one short, but let me add now: Maryanne, I know this has been an especially difficult time for you, full of loss and grief, and I admire how you keep your positive outlook and you continue to care for others, even in the midst of such personal challenges. You are a very generous soul, and I just really appreciate you!

How excited I was to see that I get my sweet Becky. Becky is such an incredible person. She has always been there for me, encouraging me, listening to me, supporting everyone. Also Becky selflessly gives so much to LCSC as her knowledge in the non-profit arena is inspiring.

I cannot wait to finally meet Becky!!! She is a BEAUTIFUL person and a true CLASS ACT!!

Wow, I get Cindy. What an inspiration, her profile alone offers such hope to us. But the path she has chosen to fight this disease is one of courage and optimism.

Cindy offers us so much support and kindness and her knowledge about the disease is so very useful. Thank you Cindy.

Ginny,

Yours was one of the first posts I ever read on this message board. My impressions then were of a strong woman and wife - hopeful, vibrant and loving.

I also got the sense that you were very 'real' - prepared to do your best to confront the more difficult things life throws our way.

You've become a role model in many ways. I look for your posts and they often help me look at life just a little bit differently.

Thanks for being here and offering of yourself.

Kel

How very lucky I get Ginny!! Stopped real quick to make sure I got her but I was beaten!!

Ginny, I admire everything about you. You're strength through the illness and passing of you're Dear Husband Earl is most prevalant.

I dont think there is one person on this board that would not agree that you have helped and supported them in some way. I love you're honesty, devotion and love you share with you're friends here at LCSC.

Much love and respect,

Jane

Kel,

I have not gotten to know you as well as many others as You joined while I was away from the board, but since I have come back and begun reading again have seen you there supporting everyone and doing it with so much compassion. You are a great supporter and we are so lucky to have you here to help us all in our struggles.

God Bless You,

Jane

Sweet Jane...

You lost your precious brother but you never left the friends you made here. You have been a wonderful supporter of the site and of all of us. You have a good heart. I am so glad you stuck with us.

Rochelle

Oh Frank,

You are my hero! You have been soooo challenged by this horrible disease. But, you have continued to put one foot in front of the other AND you have offered great advice and support to those in need. Of course, your jokes are wonderful and have put a big smile on my face often. Take care and keep keeping on.

Tennessee Tina.....you are a bright light here. No matter what comes your way, you stay cheerful...level...and your family is clearly your priority. I love that about you!

No matter what this stinking disease has thrown your way...you are there for Charlie, your kids and for us. And that's sayin' a lot!! We appreciate you.

(And P.S. My youngest went to school in Nashville...so I feel a kinship with anyone from TN. He LOVED it down there. NO SNOW!! :shock::roll: )

Addie!

I wanted to make sure it stayed on you and ended up posting twice in my quick-fingered impatience - LOL

Oh, Addie, you have been such a bright light on our little community with your well-rounded personality. You have a wonderful sense of humor and enough common sense advice to have your own column!

I am so proud of the way you rallied around a return of the nasty disease and are putting one large steel-toed boot in front of the other in kicking the disease back into "controlled". You're all heart, Addie, and I have enjoyed your posts since you first logged in.

xxoo,

Becky

Uh oh...I'm nervous...I get Becky and I'm hoping I'm not typing to slow to loose her!

Becky...you are truly one that Shoots from the Hip and boy do we love you for that and need that around here! Thanks to you Becky, I've pulled myself out of the ol pity party in record time and got myself focused on what really counts.

Thank you Becky!

Love and prayers,