update w/partial results Off to the hospital

stand4hope

The onc wants to put Don in the hospital to get some tests done. His breathing has gotten worse - rapid and shallow. Last night, I checked his respirations several times while he was sleeping and they were 32 or 33 each time; resting heart rate was 93.

The onc is primarily wanting to check the pericardial effusion, so he wants to get a CT and echocardiogram, plus blood tests to see if the Alimta could be causing it instead of effusion. He wanted the tests done ASAP and thought this would be the fastest way, plus easier on Don rather than trying to go from place to place all in one day in this heat.

We're waiting for a call that a bed is ready, and then we're off. I'll let you know when we get some results.

Love,

Peggy

Dear Peggy,

You are both in my prayers. I am sure you will feel better also knowing he is getting what is needed and having the tests needed in the hospital. Give you're Don a hug from me!!!!! Will be waiting to hear how everything turns out.

God bless you both,

Jane

Peggy, I'm saying prayers for both of you and hoping all the tests go well. Thank goodness you don't have to run all over town to have all this done, making it easier on both of you! Time permitting, please keep us posted and always remember that we care!!!

peggy, I am glad the doctor is being cautious about the breathing. The hospital will give good care. he will be watched 24/7--so that's good. In the meantime, you take care of yourself--as this can be exhausting to you too. God bless, Nancy C