You got the power! (and I'd like to borrow a little!)

Leslie221

Hi!

Friday morning I go for my first CT scan since starting the Tarceva in June. Last month's xray showed some slight improvement, so I'm really hoping to see even more this time.

I don't have anything in particular to worry about - I've continued to feel great. I just want very badly to hear good news. I know stable is good (I say it all the time) but I'd love to hear "improvement!"

So, since I really believe the power of your prayers and thoughts always helps - can I ask for some prayers, crossed fingers, caring thoughts? If I don't get the news that will let me share a personal whoohoo, I may need to be reminded how lucky I am to remain stable.

Thanks in advance!

Leslie

Leslie

I hope you get the good news you deserve, and I know how disappointed I always felt when Mum's scans were 'stable'. However, now that we have been on the receiving end of the 'disease progression' scans, I can honestly say that 'stable' is a wonderful word, and I would cut off my right arm to be in that position now.....

Thinking of you and hoping for the very best,

Karen

Leslie-

I agree that word "stable" is interesting. For awhile, I was disappointed in the word "stable", that is -- until my father's cancer began to progress again. Now I'd be very, very glad for stable. But I have to agree that the word "improvement" is even nicer.

Prayers for improvement but remember you can live with stable for a very, very long time.

Gail p-m

Leslie,

I will be thinking of you with only the most positive of thoughts. Hope you hear words that will be like music to your ear...improvement...regression shrinkage...or any of those other VERY GOOD words to hear. Yes, even STABLE!

You deserve nothing but the very best of scans, Leslie. Your attitide is contagious. I know it has certainly lifted me up on those days that found me in a place I would rather not be. Thank you.

Thoughts, prayers, positive enrgy being directed to you.

Kasey

- I've continued to feel great.

My onc always says that how I look and feel tells him as much as any scan! Sometimes he'll just grin at me and say...."Look at you!" :D

So, Leslie, I think it's a great sign that you're feeling well with few complaints...and I am sending out all good thoughts that your scans will reflect exactly that....that you feel good because you ARE good!

I am currently "stable, with perhaps slight reduction" in the four tumors in my liver. But I gotta tell you, I've gotten more done this past week (right after chemo) than I have in a long time! :wink: I figure it's got to be good that I feel good and have some energy.

The same must certainly apply to you! Be sure to let us know when you get the good word, ok?

Well, Leslie, God's the one with the power, but he gave us the power to pray and ask, and that I will do.

I've come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no cure for the heebie jeebies prior to scans and results. It's the same with the 1st follow up and doesn't change ten years later - ask Connie! I hate scan time almost as much as I hate this disease. Wish I could help you get through the waiting time.

Lots of prayers for good results!

Love,

Peggy