Waiting is difficult

rvillella

I'm sitting here waiting for the hospital to call and tell me that they have a bed for me so that the surgeon can do both a bronchcoscopy and a mediastenoscopy. The VA is so backwards sometimes. The only good thing about it is :) the doctors are all from a local teaching hospital that is pretty good. The surgeon and the oncologist want to restage the cancer. I guess when the pulmonologist did the initial bronch they think the needle or the scope was contaminated because the pet scan didn't show any signs of cancer in the lymphs. :D I just needed to get some of this off my chest for now. Hopefully they will call soon and I will know whats going on.

I know that waiting can be very difficult. I often think that I am the world's most impatient person but there has been little I have done over the years to change. It is very understandable that you are very anxious and want to get something going or at least hear what the plan is. I'm thinking of you and saying prayers.