wedding dress

Cindy RN

Jennifer's wedding day was fast approaching. Nothing could dampen her excitement -- not even her parents' nasty divorce. Her mother had found the perfect, absolutely most gorgeous dress to wear, and would be the best dressed mother-of-the-bride ever!

A week later, Jennifer was horrified to learn that her father's new "young" wife had bought the exact same dress! Jennifer asked her step-mother to exchange it, but she refused. "Absolutely not. I look like a million bucks in this dress, and I'm wearing it," she replied. Jennifer told her mother who graciously said, "Never mind sweetheart. I'll get another dress. After all, it's your special day."

A few days later, they went shopping and did find drop dead gorgeous dress. When they stopped for lunch, Jennifer asked her Mother, "Are you going to return the other dress? You really don't have another occasion where you could wear it."

Her mother just smiled and replied, "Of course I do, dear. I'm wearing it to the rehearsal dinner!"

That very thing happened to me when my son married. I didn't think too much about how funny it was until I just read this. I, too, wore "the" dress to the rehearsal dinner. It had been altered and I couldn't return it and really didn't think about the fact that I "beat her to it". :oops:

Nina