OFF ALIMTA!!!! ........I NEED PRAYERS!!!!

InCalifornia

I hope some of you remember me, since I haven't had the time to post lately... Our brother has NSCLC diagoned last August.

He reeceived Radiation- Cyplastin- Taxotere- and this last chemo was Alimta!!!

Lastnight I found out that Alex has multiple tumors in his brain... Too many to count!!!

He's been given anywhere from one week to 3 months at the most to live. My eyes are swollen from so much crying... I feel shaky, restless, so confused and the pain is so much more intense than I have ever imagined!... than I have ever anticipated!

All along I knew that his cancer didn't have a good prognosis cause it was found too late, the tumor on his lung was already the size of a lemon and on stage IV when they found it, but I kept thinking that the radiation and the chemo would somehow decrease the size of it... and would become operable... Since his diagnosis, I have been searching in the internet for the best treatments for him, I have also been praying and asking the LORD to heal him... Lastnight Dr. Sapras came to see him (I was in the room with him).... I kept looking at the doctor's face while he was examining Alex... (he had this look of compassion on his face, like he wanted to say a lot but couldn't)... Alex arms were shaking from the seizures, his entire face has a tremor, his legs make this unvoluntary movement and is so obvious to me... that the final days are arriving quick...

How can this monster *CANCER* can progress so quickly?... How can this horrible disease take over his entire body at this speed?... I saw him preach at our church JUST a week ago and now he is lying down in a hospital bed, losing little by little every body function!

The doctor left the room after throughly examining Alex.... Soon after there was a ring... I went to answer the phone and it was the doctor... He wanted to see the family in his office...

He had the MRI's results.... Isabel (Alex wife) and I went in there... Dr. Sapras said that he had the worst news ever... He said that Alex MRI showed multiple tumors on his brain, too many to count... that there was absolutely NOTHING they could do now... I was shaking... I somehow always knew that these new syptoms he had been experiencing were the result of a possible brain tumor... but NOTHING COMPARES to that the CRUEL REALITY, especially when it has been confirmed by his doctor.

Isabel and I broke down... The doctor kept saying how very sorry he was!

My brother in law is one of the "best human being" I have ever met, he has been "instrumental" in my life... He is my husband's best friend, my kids favorite uncle.... Alex is a man of GOD... He has been a devoted christian most of his entire life... He has taught me so much about humanity, love and faith... He is without a doubt one of the kindest man I have had the pleasure to know and I just cannot bear the thought that this cancer will take his life.., The doctor said that they were going to start giving him shots to relieve the pressure from the brain, and also shots for the pain and seizures...

He can lose any range of things at any given time now... And he already has.... His mobility is deteriorating every passing hour and the uncontrollable trembling of his extremeties are not being controlled efficiently with the shots given...motor skills, sight, hearing, memory, will be going slowly ever passing day.... He has no way of telling what will go first... I am so extremelly SAD... I'm so extremelly DEVASTATED.... I stayed lastnight till close to 11:00 pm in his room at the hospital, my husband was there too... I hadn't had any sleep since last saturday... So after massaging his aching body, I left the place only to drive for almost an hour in total desbelief and despair... When I came home my son was waiting for me, he came to lie down with me, gave me water, held my hand, hugged me while I was praying aloud to GOD for Alex...

I opened the bible page ramdonly and pointed at a scripture... He read it for me... held me while I was crying... and I passed out from exhaustion!!!

Today is another day... Another prayer... I will be cooking something that Alex enjoys... and bring it to him later... I'm glad that his diet is not restricted....

Alex doesn't know the latests results... and his wife decided not to tell him... What for?.... We have decided to enjoy every minute with him... Wait for the LORD to do his will, share time with him as much as we can.... He doesn't need to know... His spiritual life and faith is something that he always has on the right track... telling him now will only make his last days even more unbearable... so we are just living day by day and cherish him as much as we possible can before he is too sick to even recognize us!

I STILL BELIEVE MORE THAN EVER THAT "HE IS IN GOD'S HANDS"

AND IF GOD'S WILL IS TO HEAL EVERY BAD CANCER CELL, HE DEFINITELY WILL!!!....

GOD IS THE SAME GOD THAT RAISE THE DEATH, CURE THE SICK AND GAVE HIS LIFE FOR US....AND THAT GOD... IS THE ONE WE BELIEVE IN...

MY SAVIOUR IS THE SAME ONE THAT WALKED ON THIS EARTH MANY-MANY YEARS AGO... HE IS STILL WITH US NOW... AND HE WILL BE FOR ETERNITY!!!

WE NEED LOTS OF PRAYERS!!!

THANK YOU

I'm very sorry to hear about this. Did Dr. Sapra admit Alex to Hoag ? If not, and if City of Hope isn't feasible, I urge you to bring Alex directly to Hoag's cancer center w/o delay. Sapra is on-staff at Hoag which is your ticket into their cancer center. Also, I urge you to ask Sapra about tx options available thru Newport Diagnostic Center.

Hoping that Alex pulls off a miracle.

In,

My heart goes out to you and the pain you are feeling. Reading your post brought tears to my eyes. It is true about our Lord, Jesus. If, it is His will, it will be done. God loves us so much. I pray for your brother and family. Thinking of you and your family and in prayers daily...

God Bless and hugs,

Karen in So. California

I am so sorry for the pain you all are going through. I can really feel your pain and frustration through your post. I wish I could do something to help ease the pain you are going through. It is in G-ds hands.

I will pray for Alex.

Maryanne