Rachel where are you?

jcawork

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone-

Rachel saw her PCP yesterday-getting up having a cup of coffee, a bite of toast and getting dressed exhausted her but being the determined woman she is she insisted on going to the appointment-All future appointments wil be at her house-Her PCP is a sweetheart and saw right away that it was too much.

The visit was a typical,how are you,are you comfortable, we should talk about home health,how is your diet,chit chat kind of visit.......we will monitor her oxygen levels over the weekend and most likely start her on it next week (as she needs it) as she gets pretty winded walkling from the living room to the bedroom.

He switched her from oxycodone to oxycontin for her pain which is not too bad right now but this should hold her longer -

Her mom and dad are here- her sister and brother arrive on Tuesday- there is a whole lotta love (and prayin') going on in this house and I feel so blessed to be here .

I showed this website to her parents yesterday and they are so touched and (appreciative) by the support and love that comes through via your posts- as we all are-

Thank you all so much- I will post again later....

Thanks so much, Susan, for the extended friendship to us. Please tell Rachel that I miss her upbeat posts and continue to pray for her and the herd that surrounds her.

I noticed there is a pm on the way out to Rachel from last month. Probably just some bologna in there, but some bologna is better than none.

Take care of yourself too, Susan. Very glad that you are with your best girlfriend. There is absolutely nothing in this world like one. You are both so lucky to have each other.

Cindi o'h

Good Morning-

Home Health came out to the house for visit yesterday- Rachel was happy to see them - they were the same nurses who helped her after she finished her first round of radiation. They will come three days a week starting on Monday. They hooked us up with a walker, shower seat, wheechair and commode.Which will all be so helpful for her.

I am overwhelmed with how much she seems to slip everyday-

Her "True North", Stan,is doing such a great job at keeping a smile on her face and loving her and Ole (her pup) snuggles right up close to her when she is on the couch or in bed-

She seems to be pretty comfortable right now- I know it has to do with all those prayers you are all sending her way- thank you for that-

Keep those prayers coming !!!