Depressed

Justakid

Can't find anything to be happy about. All I can do is cry and feel soory for myself, it started when I was in the hospital last week.

I just wanted everyone to know that I'm in the bottom of and hole and trying like hell to hold on. Prior to all this cancer mess I was dx with depression and had been on meds for years but had finally stopped taking them because I had learned to manage it and see it when it was coming.

We're trying to find something that will work now but having a hell of a time. I can honestly say I have hit bottom and I don't like it. I can see the top I just can't get there right now.

I just wanted everyone to know I may be off/on the board depending on my mood for awhile. I know I will snap out of this, although I have never been this low before, I have two kids that need me to snap out of it and don't like to see me upset.

Thank you for all your great thoughts and prayers in prior posts. I'm trying as hard as possible!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read your message. :cry: Then I read your medical history below that - part of lung removed, ok, then not ok, etc. etc. You've been thru the wringer, that's for sure. In my opinion, you've every right to be depressed. Let it hit you full force, we're here for you. Then after a few days, you gotta pick yourself up and try, try, try once again. Ask you dr. for some medication for this. It may really help. You are a brave soul and you're desperately needed here to cheer us up! Your avitar makes me laugh everytime I see it. ((())) Prayers for you, Beth.

Joanie

(((((Beth))))

You take your time to work through this. Sometimes you just have to "feel". It's hard being strong for everyone. But you WILL feel better soon, I know because you can "see" the top. Just give yourself time to get there.

I know how you feel. We are in the same boat. How are the shots going. Got any pointers for me???

TAnn

Beth,

I'm so glad to see you here because I know you aren't alone in how you feel. Just dealing with this disease is enough to make anyone depressed at times. I think it's a good thing to post and let the people that have successfully dealt with it , help you. You are so very loved and so many of us are praying for you. You and your incredible sense of humor are missed also.

I'm praying you will find yourself and I truly believe you will. In this past year , I've learned one thing about you and that is that you are a fighter. Until you can find your strength, borrow some of ours. That's how this support group works. Sending you Lots of prayers and a virtual hug. Please don't stay away. We need you and you need us.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Aw, Beth, I hope you feel better soon. I think your depression could be called situational.. you have good reason to be depressed. I have used lexapro for depression. I am weaning myself from it now. Before I tried anti depresant meds, I would just let the depression pass through me and be patient because I knew it would go away. Eventually, I tried the lexapro. I hope you find something like lexapro to give you an assist out of the hole Beth.

Don M

Beth -- Please know there are many of us here thinking of you each and every day. I wish I could offer more than words. They seem so inadequate right now especially after all you've beeen through. You take care of yourself and don't worry about posting. I hope you'll be back soon and i send my thoughts and prayers.

Gail p-m

So glad to see you post, Beth. This depression thing is for sure one illness that is completely taboo to do alone. Although it may feel like isolating is better, isolating is actually detrimental to your well-being. There are tons of folks here who are rooting for you to come back to us and to let us help you get through this one.

Hope to see you posting again soon. Until then, hugs to all your family and especially to you!

love, cindi

((((Beth)))) You have been through soooo much. My goodness, I think it would be astonishing if you weren't feeling depressed. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I pray that you find the strength you need, and that the docs find a good med to help you with the depression. (I have taken Zoloft for about 8 yrs now,,,it really does help)

Peace,

Annjael

Dear Beth/Justakid,

Soooo sorry, to hear of the depression getting it's grips on you! This is a long, hard, haul, and you have done great! I think your depression is probably situational however, the situation is rough and you have every right to feel blue! Perhaps, you should try and speak with someone and a little medicine is not a bad idea whatever it takes to push, pull, or tug you through this very rough patch. You are a good kind soul and Mom and I always look at your characters by your name. Try and do whatever it takes to get you cheery again -- we need your spirit on the board! Take good care both mentally and physically we all need both to be at our best!

Best Wishes,

Botley & Mother

Oh Beth, I am so sorry your are having such a hard time. I could understand your depression, it is just one thing after another and you are at a point where you are just tired and want it to just go away.

There is light at the end of the tunnel for you. You just have to find the strength to pick yourself and get to it. You must find the strength to pull yourself out of this as I certainly do not want you to sink further and further. You have to keep looking up toward that light and keep reaching for it until you are lifted up out of that hole.

There are so many people here who would help lift you up to bring you there but you have to want to get there. We could only support you through cyberspace. But cyberspace is where we are and we are like your second family even though physically we are not there for you. But know mentally we are and always will be.

Take this time to sort out your feelings. If you have to go back on the depression meds then do it. It seems too hard for you to do this alone without help. Especially if there is help out there.

My heart goes out to you and your family as they are suffering with you because they love you so much. You will find the strength to get through this after this funk leaves.

I know you will be up and posting again and answering posts with that wonderful gift of humor that you have.

Just take care of Beth right now, because she needs spiritual healing. Keep faith in the man upstairs, as he will give you your strength back.

Many, many prayers are being sent to you from all over the world. Beth, you have to deal with the mental first to be able to conquer the physical. You can do this, you can pull yourself out of this hole so you can fight.

Please feel our prayers and how much we want you to get well, mentally and physically. Praying for added strength for you to pull yourself out of this. I hate that you are going through such a hard time.

I am going to light a candle for you on this site and also a white candle that represents healing at my home and will keep it going until you are back again.

Maryanne

What Cancer Cannot Do

Cancer is so limited...

It cannot cripple love

It cannot shatter hope

It cannot corrode faith

It cannot destroy peace

It cannot kill friendship

It cannot suppress memories

It cannot silence courage

It cannot invade the soul

It cannot steal eternal life

It cannot conquer the spirit.

Hang in there Beth. Take the time you need for yourself. When you are ready to get out of that pool we will all be here with a warmed fluffy towel.

Beth,

I'm glad to see you post and tell us what is going on, now we can help you. If there is room down there for me, I'll jump in and you can shinney yourself up on my back to get to that top that you see. We're all here for you and we'll say the prayers, you just start climbing when you are ready.

Love to you,

ok, you at the end of your rope, what I need you to do is tie a knot and just hang on. We are all standing above you and pulling the rope out of the hole. all we need you to do is just hang on to the rope itself.

let us do all the work.

everyone...ONE, TWO THREE..PULLLLLLLL

MUCHO LUV TO YA MY FRIEND.