Iressa

Darlene

I can't just sit and wait...tomorrow my husband will be seeing the pulmonary oncologist, so I am researching all I can on all of the options available and what they mean.

I keep reading how wonderful many have done with Iressa, could I get some feedback on who has used this and what their results have been?

Also is Iressa just for NSCLC, or for both small and non-small?

Also what is all the controversy with this drug about? Is it safe?

I believe Iressa is being phased out except where someone is already taking it, because the final research results did not support its overall effectiveness. Most people are on Tarceva, a relative, which is supposed to be more effective. I believe both these chemos are for NSCLC. Don

Don is right. From what I've heard, they are no longer prescribing Iressa to new patients and are instead going with Tarceva.

I was on Iressa for 6 months with very good results and when the study came out I was switched to Tarceva and had good results for another 6 months. They are both for NSCLC.

If you do a search for Tarceva on this website you will see many posts about our progress and side effects.

Please pm me if you need more info.

TAnn

hello

Barry, my hushand, has been on iressa since December last year. So far so good. Little side effects except for a rash which comes and goes. We live in the UK and tarceva is now available but his doctor sees no reason at the moment to change a treatment that has so far been successful. This was backed up by a second opinion. At one of the leading cancer centres here they have had modest success in switching patients to tarceva if iressa fails.

Best wishes

Jennie