Injection #3

KatieB

A man is a success if he gets up in the

morning and gets to bed at night,

and in between he does what he wants to do.

Bob Dylan

What's the wildest thing (keeping it clean) that you ever did....OR what is something wild that you'd like to do?

I have done some pretty wild things in my life...but looking back would probably change none of them. Now, my thought of a really wild thing is just throwing some things in a suitcase, fueling up the car and taking off for parts unknown. I would have real destination and would just let my inner self guide me on the path!

I'm not a real wild and crazy guy (well, maybe not wild!), but what stands out for me is riding a roller coaster in a tuxedo and my date was in a ball gown! It happened many years ago. Now that my brain is on this track, another wild thing was when I retired at the end of 1992 as a research chemist for an oil company, I took massage therapy training and became a licensed and practicing massage therapist. I worked at that for about six years -- had fun with that, and helped people. To go from a cerebral career to one so physical was challenging and fun. I was happy I did that. Don

I'm not a real wild and crazy person either. I try to avoid things that are even remotely dangerous, roller coasters, bungee jumping, sky diving, taking the kids to a restaraunt...etc...

But I did deliver a footling breech baby boy in the back of my minivan in a grocery store parking lot! All the babies I have delivered quietly and safely in their own home and not a single news article. One breech birth in a parking lot and for some reason the media jumps all over it!

I would like to take my boys on a vacation to all the places my mom and dad took me and not worry about how much we were spending. I'd love to visit the old castles of Europe and take one lap around the Indy Speedway in an Indy car,and I would like to swim with some dolphins, and above all, I would like to see my mom again. At least I know one of these will come true one day!

I would like to just get up and pack very few things and get in our car and tour the USA with my hubby. No worry about bills, jobs, or anything. Just get up and go ... that has always be an elusive dream. I am only 51 but as time goes on it seems to become more elusive rather that closer to something we could actually do someday.

God Bless You all,

Jane

The wildest thing I have ever done was to begin dating a complet stranger long distance. My mother had met him when he started a conversation with her on a a company cruise. He and my dad worked for the same national company and were on the same convention. After getting to know my parents, my mom convinced me that I should just talk to this guy on the east coast by phone because we had so much in common. It was only supposed to be fun phon conversations because I am from Michigan.

We talked for two hours the first conversation. We began talking regularly and sending things in the mail. Soon we decided to meet in Florida. It was love. We became engaged despite the long distance. I had to travel many weekends to the east coast for depositions, he came to the midwest. He finally transferred and 13 years later, we are happily married with two children.

The craziest thing I ever did worked out quite well. I met a guy online a few years ago and we always talked about meeting. Well, he was living in Ontario, Canada and I of course, in Pittsburgh. In May of 2002, I said heck with it I'm going - packed up some clothes and took a greyhound to his parents house (I was just 19 my mom thought I was nuts and he was 21 still living at home) Well I didnt think of how we would be living and I didnt realize he still lived at home. But I went anyway and his parents ended up accepting me into their family and I lived there for about a year. Now we are happily married! (2nd anniversary on aug 23rd) He lives with me now in Pittsburgh and we are now going through the fun immigration process.

the wildest thing I ever did was stop trying to be so damn wild and let real love into my life.

sorry to get serious on y'all, but it's the truth.

next to that, motorcycles and tattoos and rock concerts and last minute road trips and all that other stuff pales in comparison.

xoxo

amie