Injection #6

KatieB

Do not save your loving speeches

For your friends till they are dead,

Do not write them on their tombstones,

Speak them rather now instead.

Anna Cummins

What would you like all of us to know about you (or your loved one)

Dennis King loved every minute of life. He was a real fighter when it came to beating cancer and never gave up the fight! He really wanted to live and never took life for granted! He truly loved people and everyone that came in contact with him always loved him!!!!

I think I would like you all to know that right now a bit of a lost soul... haven't found my place in the world without my Daddy in it. I never expected life to be this different without him around, I knew I would miss him, but I had no idea of the deep feelings of loss that I feel each and every day. This coming Saturday would have been his 80th birthday and I would do anything to be able to sing happy birthday to him just one more time....

I am with Anna Cummins --tell them now, while they are still here. Lucie and I have been trying to practice that more and more. In 1995, I asked each of my three kids to give me a special gift for my birthday -- just write me a letter and tell me what it is about me they especially liked. I received three of the most cherished notes I ever got, each in his or her own style.

As for me, I would like to be remembered as someone who cared and made life a little better for those I came in contact with. Don

I would want everyone to know how wonderful, caring, unselfish person Mike was. I miss him terribly, and he spoiled me. I miss all the "little" things he did for me. He got my car out of the garage every morning for me to go to work. He was a wonderful father and the children loved him so. He always put everyone else before himself. I wish I had many,many more years with him. I feel so cheated. He was my hero. God bless, Nancy C

Mom had such spunk. She tought me what it meant to be a woman--strong, feminine, self-assured enough not to settle, independent. She spoke her mind (I keep thinking of her telling the doctor that she felt like hammered dog poo). She stayed informed. She was passionate. And she was the most amazing mother, I've ever seen.

I think the three titles that she held that she was most proud of were: Wife, Mother, and Grandma... And I'm not sure that the third wasn't her greatest source of pride--only because it sprung from the love of the other two.

My mom was a great person who taught me to love nature, myself, and those around me. She went white water rafting down the Colorado river at age 63, and hunted and climbed the mountains of Montana and Wyoming. She made hitting a softball over the fence look SO EASY!!(Never did figure out how she did it!) She taught me to believe in myself the way she believed in me. And to top it all off she could cook like only people frome Hazard KY can cook!! :D My mom was a woman who knew God, but really FOUND him later in life. She raised 5 kids and some grandkids to boot! All while dad worked out of town 5 days a week. I just hope I live the way my mom did; to the fullest.