Also a first timer to this site

okiegrl

Just wanted to say hello to all here and introduce myself. My call name is okiegirl, I am 44 years old. I live in TN but originally from OKLA., City, OK. My husband passed away from LC March 21, 2003 after 2 1/2 years of battle with it. We had been married for 23 years.

I am here because I have not really had an opportunity to talk with or share with anyone my pain, feelings, ect. Doing this in itself is a new road to walk down. Never have been one to go to chat sites like this. But figuare what can it hurt, right? Maybe it can help me and who knows maybe there is someone out there I can help. Or at least say hey you are not alone. Peace and Love.... :D

Okiegrl, I am so sorry for your loss of your beloved husband. I am glad that you found us, though. You are definatly not alone. I hope that you find this site someplace that helps you deal with your grief, and that you are able to find that your experiences may just be of help to someone else.

I look forward to seeing more posts by you, and would be interested in knowing what type of lung cancer your husband had. Feel free to share with us the type of man your husband was, let us get to know the both of you, and we are here to help if you need support.

Take care, Deb

Welcome Okiegrl,

I am so sorry about the loss of your husband. But I know that there are many people here who have experienced many of the things you are feeling, and have felt. We have gone through a lot of the same experiences and are here to share with you. I too would love to hear about your husband, and possibly learn more about the both of you.

I am a caregiver to my husband who has LC, and often find I need help from those who've gone through this too, so I look forward to learning from your wisdom. Maybe through this sharing, we can both find some peace.

Also, Welcome Victor,

Pull up a keyboard and tell us about yourself. We are here for support, information, whatever you need. Sorry you feel a need that brings you to us, but you will find a great group of loving people here, and hopefully we can be here for you.

Carleen

welcome okiegrl and victor,

so glad you have joined our little group of very loving and caring individuals trying to find our way through this horrible decease of lung cancer either by being the one with it or being a caregiver as i am. no matter which you are, you found this sight the same as i did and i sure hope you bring your hope, love, fear, sharing, knowledge, etc, to all of us and to yourself. God bless.

Hi Okiegirl,

Welcome to this site. The people here are wonderful, understanding and caring people. Sorry to hear about your husband. This is a great place to share, vent, express joy or sorrow and know people are willing to listen.

What is one emotion that is on your mind? How can we help?

Our hope is in the Lord.

Bengel