Results? Pls Share Info.

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

Guest Cheryl Schaefer

I think I've posted that we are at MD Anderson. My husband was dia. with nsclc IV here with no chance of surgery. MD Anderson feels that he may be a candidate with their technologies. Can anyone else here share some experiences with MD Anderson? Thanks, Cheryl

I don't have personal experience, but I do know a few who have. They don't come to this site, but I will contact them and ask if they will share their experiences with you.

I do want to let you know that I've known a number of people who were originally told that they were Stage IV and inoperable who changed providers and were subsequently found to be treatable. I'm close to a couple of those folks, Cheryl. They're celebrating their 4th and 5th years of survivorship this year. That's years over their initial prognosis. Because the went to someone who would help them be survivors. Just like Dick and you have done.

When dealing with Lung Cancer we get no guarantees, save one: Do nothing and we will die.

Do something and we just might live longer and better.

Fay A.

They are excellent. Over 20 years ago, our neighbor had hairy cell lukemia and everyone wrote him off. He went to MD Anderson, they did experimental, and he's still alive and well today (he was one of the first Interferon recipients in the US). I lived in Houston and know several people who are cancer survivors thanks to MD Anderson. I wish I could talk my mother into going there, but...

Best of luck; you're at the right place!

Terre