Peter Jennings' Obituary

Kel M

Hi there,

Peter Jennings was born in Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and spent his youth in Canada's capital, Ottawa before moving to the US (and eventually becoming a dual citizen). Though there have been many articles about his life in newspapers throughout North America in the past day, I thought you might appreciate the simple text that appeared in the Obituaries section of the Ottawa Citizen this morning:

Peter Jennings

JENNINGS, Peter 1938 - 2005 Much loved husband of Kayce Freed, father to Elizabeth and Christopher Jennings, uncle to Tegan Schioler and brother to Sarah Jennings. Very peacefully, the evening of August 7, 2005, surrounded by family. Peter's many philanthropic efforts included the Coalition for the Homeless, Women in Need and Teach for America. He had broad interests in the arts, was a trustee of New York's Carnegie Hall and a founding director of the American wing of Friends of the National Arts Centre. He was a recent recipient of the Order of Canada. Donations in his memory would be welcome to any of the above causes or to support lung cancer research.

Thanks, Kel, for posting Peter Jennings' obituary. I've cried for him like I knew him personally.

I still remember first tuning in to him on TV years ago. I have to admit I developed a huge crush on him. His face and voice mesmerized me. It did not take long before he became so much more than a "pretty" face. He was a trusted news reporter and my choice for learning about what was happening in the world. He will be missed.

Mary Lou

best friend Gwen diagnosed again with LC