Christopher Reeve's Wife, Dana, has lung cancer

maryleelou

Hi All - After just losing Peter Jennings to LC, I read on the Internet that Dana Reeve was diagnosed with LC. Quotes from the article:

"Based on the imminent release of a tabloid article regarding my personal health, my family and I have decided to release our own statement," Dana Reeve said Tuesday. "I have recently been diagnosed with lung cancer and am currently undergoing treatment. I have an excellent team of physicians and we are optimistic about my prognosis."

"I hope before too long to be sharing news of my good health and recovery," Dana Reeve also said her statement. "Now, more than ever, I feel Chris with me as I face this challenge. As always, I look to him as the ultimate example of defying the odds with strength, courage, and hope in the face of life's adversities."

Kathy Lewis, president and CEO of the Christopher Reeve Foundation, issued a separate statement in support of the advocate.

"The thoughts and prayers of the entire Christopher Reeve Foundation team are with Dana and her loved ones during this difficult time," said Lewis. "We are certain that Dana will tackle this challenge with the grace, courage and determination that have become her hallmark."

I pray for Dana and her family.

From a disease I heard so little about until my best friend was diagnosed last year and re-diagnosed again this year, news of LC now seems to hit me from everywhere. Hopefully, the media coverage will help finance more research and an eventual cure.

hugs to all,

Mary Lou

Yes, she was a non-smoker who never smoked. They did a whole thing on her on World news tonight. They brought out the fact that non smokers mostly women do get LC. Then they brought out that women are probably more subseptable to second hand smoke then men because our bodies are so different.

Hopefully, with all the hype lately, something positive will come out from all of this, and LC will get more and more funding. And to find a way for early detection.

Watch tomorrow night, they are doing a 2 hour special show about Peter Jennings from 8 to 10.

Maryanne