Hello. I'm new to message boards

bettysgirl

Hello,

I have no idea how to do this. I hope this message makes it to someone.

I have now lost both of my parents to lung cancer. My mother died last October after a six month battle with non-small cell lung cancer. My heart is broken. My objective now is to join with others to raise awareness of this disease and pursue the development of early detection methods. This was very successfully accomplished for breast cancer. With the recent media attention because of Peter Jennings and Dana Reeve I think the time is right. I'm not sure exactly how to do this but thought I'd see if there is interest out there. I feel such a need to take action.

Thanks for listening.

Welcome bettysgirl,

I want to welcome you to a place where nobody really wants to be, but grateful that it exists..I know your pain, and am so sorry for your losses, I lost my wonderful father to LC almost 2 years ago..

This website is very user friendly, and as you can tell your message was posted..

There are different forums that you can post on depending on your subject, but dont worry too much about that..You will be a pro at it in no time..

We also have a grieving forum if you need to vent and a shoulder to cry on...Many times believe it or not someone may post something there that makes you smile and feel so comforted...

Glad you're here

Welcome! Sorry for your loss. I lost both my parents within 11 months when I was in my early 20's. It is very hard, but one can move on. When Peter Jennings' death was announced, the usual focus arose -- smoking. I said to my wife that what we needed was a celebrity with LC who didn't smoke, so the focus could be on the disease where it belonged. And, voila, Dana Reeve! There have been some good articles on LC since then. Appreciate your zeal for wanting to work for LC. Don