I'm doing ok

stand4hope

Hi everybody,

I just wanted to drop in and let you all know that I am doing ok. The service for Don was beautiful. Three of his co-workers spoke about him, and there were more than 200 people that called and attended the funeral. It was awesome. I wrote a special tribute to Don, and at the end I had them play "I Got You Babe", a song by Sonny & Cher from the 70s. We used to point our fingers at each other and say "I GOT YOU BABE!" I swear, there wasn't a dry eye in the house.

I got through it ok, a lot better than I thought I would. Now, I'm up to my ears in paperwork, so keeping quite busy.

I have read the posts and see that so many are having a hard time right now, and even that Jana and Karen lost their Mum. I am so sad - just sad about it all. I also will never be able to express to all of you how touched I was by your responses to me. I am truly overwhelmed. I can't begin to answer all the PMs right now, but like I said before, as soon as I have the time and strength to talk about it, I will be back. It may take me a while, so don't worry - I will be back.

I know that I truly am still in shock and the reality of this hasn't sunk in. I just kept saying at the casket - "I can't believe this is real. I just can't believe this is real." I know the reality is going to hit my heart and mind and come down on me like a ton of steel. I'm ready for it, and have countless family, friends and pastors ready to help me through everything and do everything that needs to be done.

Mike is doing really well. Also, a lot better than I thought he would. He's getting some nice things from his dad, so that has helped to cusion the blow. However, as we all know, that joy with "things" will not last. Time will tell for both of us.

Much love to all, and I WILL BE BACK!

Love,

Peggy

P.S. Many, many thanks for the beautiful, loving cards. I will cherish each and every one of them forever.

Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and let us know about that enlightening service for Don and how you are doing.

I am just so overwhelmed by everything you have gone through so far and how well you are holding up.

I thank G-d you have so many family and friends ready to help you. You are blessed there.

I know Don's presence was felt at his funeral and he was so proud of you and Mike. I am sure he smiled down at you with all the love he has when they played your special song. That was Priceless.

Please take care and come back when you can. We miss you and I am so glad that you will continue to stay with us.

Prayers sent to you Peggy, for continued strength to carry on.

Maryanne

Dearest Peggy,

I have been checking the board all the time to see if there has been anything from you, thankfully tonight there has. The funeral sounded beautiful and very fitting with you and Don's song being played. You still DO have him Babe, he is just locked in a very special part of you're heart now.

Yes, I am sure you are still in shock and I have been there when I lost my 1 st husband so suddenly, I do know the shock wears off as do you and the reality is hard so I am glad you have so many fine friends and family to help you through it. I am also glad to hear Mike is doing well but time will tell as you said for him too.

I love you GF and You and Mike are in my prayers always.

God Bless you,

Jane

Peggy,

It's good to hear from you. You take the time you need. I'm so glad that Don had a beautiful service and that you aren't alone. Don is at peace now and you need to take care of yourself. Can't even imagine how you must be feeling. I don't want to know how it feels. Just know that we love you and will be here for you. God Bless you.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Peggy, Thank you letting us know you are doing ok. I think I can speak for everyone in saying we have been thinking of you daily. You are a remarkable lady, and even during this trying time you are still thinking of others. You have more than earned a break and rest, its time for peggy to be "cared for", so take whatever time yoou need, post when you can and know you are cared for by many.

God Bless you

Kim

Peggy,

That was very thoughtful of you to post to let us know how you're doing. I've been thinking lots about you and Mike. I'm so glad, but not surprised, that you have a great ciircle of friends, family and pastors to help you at this most difficult time. You have to take time for yourself and your son right now and don't worry about "visiting" us until you are ready

You and Mike continue in my thoughts and prayers.

Gail p-m

Peggy....I know just where you are right now and would love to be there to give you a hug and let you know that everything will be alright! My heart and thoughts have been with you.

Glad to see your post. You have been on my mind.

Will pray for you and your son to have strength.

Take care of yourself and try to sleep, it helps.

Love,

Mare

Peggy, so glad to read your post. I don't know what you are feeling because we are all different. But I do know that I am here if you just want to chat with someone else that has lost their best buddy and love of their life. I do remember that the paperwork put me in auto-mode for a while which I think the body goes into to protect itself from being absolutely overwhelmed. I'm certainly no expert.

Post when you can. I eagerly check to see if you are okay (and "okay" is a very relative term).

Lynne