I'm doing ok

stand4hope

Dear Peggy,

Like everyone else, I've been thinking of you and hoping that you were coping with everything you have to go through...and you sound as if you're doing just that beautifully. As others have said, take it all slowly -- the paper work will get done, as will everything else that seems to demand instant attention -- and Mike will make a gradual adjustment, with your help, I know. You have to take good care of yourself, first and foremost, so that you can be there for Mike when the "things" become less entrancing and the loss becomes more real to him.

I'm glad that the service was so moving and meaningful, and I agree with Jane that you do, indeed, still have him, Babe....

Come back and let us know how you are when you feel up to it!

Ellen

Peggy,

Thank you for keeping in touch even though your life is in a kind of swirling chaos right now. At a time when I'd like to give you comfort, you took time to comfort ME and all of us who care about you here.

Glad Mike is doing better than expected. My experience of losing my Dad when I was 18 (I didn't want to be in the hospital room when he died either) was that the feelings come and go in waves - fine one day, overwhelmed with guilt and sadness the next. I couldn't talk to my mom about it and had a rough time for years. Glad Mike has you!

Leslie