Ronnie's biopsy

Darlene

Well we got the results back today on Ronnie's biopsy done yesterday.

The doctor said it is NSCLC/ Adenocarcinoma. He will now be sent to another doctor for his PET scan.

He did give the usual stats; amount of time left...blah,blah, but we are trying to keep positive on other things going on...like locating his bio-father for the first time...

Darlene, I know this news has knocked you off your feet but hang on because there's lots of hope! This is the very best place to be for support and information. If you're like me, you may want to take those statistics and toss them right out the window, as each patient is different. If you let those statistics eat at you, you'll be absolutely nuts. As for the bio-dad...been there...done that. I was adopted as a tiny baby and didn't know my birth parents until I was 21 and expecting my first baby. It's a real adventure...sometimes good...sometimes not so good. I'm thinking of you and will be here if you ever need to talk!

Darlene, sorry for the news you and Ronnie are dealing with. It is always a shock. This is a great place to get other peoples experiences who are going through the same struggle. There are lots of prayers and support here. I love you scripture quote. My daughter-in-law is a midwife at an army base. She loves delivering babies. God is good. There is no promise that we will not have hard times here on earth but God is always there for us. lots of prayers for you and Ronnie. pammie

Thanks everyone! Today has been a little hard as we have had to talk of all those things that no one likes to talk about. It's a little scary knowing that he had a chest x-ray in December '04 that was clear and just barely six months later a 4cm tumor with the high posibility of mets to lymph nodes.

Ann~ I would like to talk to you more about your search. We have only known his bio-dad's name for about four weeks now. His mother died before she ever told him anything and he thought the dad he knew all his life was his bio-dad. Thanks for sharing it's nice to know someone else who has done this.