I am so sick of asking for this...

bunny

but Suki needs your prayers again. short version: she has an infection and/with a pleural effusion possibly pneumonia. they are still getting to the bottom of it, but she's on antibiotics and they inserted a chest tube this morning which produced nearly a liter of fluid. she's already more comfortable than she was when she went back into the hospital yesterday.

I have many feelings. The predominant one is frustration - I just want her to feel better for more than a week at a time. I'm sure she'll come through it, I just feel so bad for her and I hate to see her suffer.

she'll spend her 59th birthday (8/14) in the hospital. :cry: we're bringing in lobster.

thanks, as always. you're my rock.

xoxo

amie

Suki's getting lobster? :shock: In the hospital? You can bet no hospital dietician ever came up with that idea...eh? :?

Good thoughts headed her way. The lobster will go a long way towards making a hospital birthday more palatable, don't you think? Lobster, some good company and an early release.

Tell Suki I said to feel LOTS better soon.

Bun.

Oh, that is just the pits! Tell Suki I hope that the infection clears up...my gawd. And that she can get perking up a little. This stuff can put you down for a bit, I must say. But, better days are ahead. It is one day at a time kind of thing. You never know how you will feel waking up the next morning. It is all a surprise!

Happy Birthday, Suki!

love, Cindi o'h

Hi Bunny,

Heck of a birthday... poor mom. But at least it is something they can clear up.

Does she know that she is getting a lobster for her b-day. I am sure that will cheer her up.

I will send prayers to her.

Maryanne

Bunny,

I'm so sorry to hear this latest news about Suki.. Sure hope they get to the bottom of it soon.. Lobster.. huh... wow.. You tell her Happy Birthday and tell her that lots and lots of people are sending prayers her way. It's for sure you have mine. Take care Bunny. Hope Suki feels better very soon.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

Bunny,

I know this sucks for Suki to have to celebrate her birthday in the hospital. I only hope that she feels so much better that she is not too disappointed that she is there.

The lobster sounds like a great way to cheer her up. Prayers on their way.

Nina

That's no fun at all. I remember visiting my mom in the hospital on Mother's Day and her b-day when I was younger. Back then we 'kids' had to wait in the waiting room, and they'd bring her down in her wheelchair. Lobster in her room sounds much better!

This is really tough, but you guys are already trying to make it nicer for her. Birthday prayers going out for all of you!

:) Kelly

Bunny...

That is the absolut pits! Though, i'm thinking about putting myself in the hospital if i get lobster! :wink::wink: Actually, i'm puttin in my order for garlic shrimp...i'm really not fond of lobster :shock:

Seriously, i hope and pray she gets to feeling better soon. You guys are due for some relaxation and a round of "carefree" for a while!

Love and prayers coming your way...and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUKI!!!!!

So sorry Suki's had yet another reverse, but they can probably take care of it expeditiously and get her out of hospital in record time. In the meantime, crack a lobster claw for me and do your da___dst to keep her cheery on her birthday!

Sending all the vibes I have to you and her,

Ellen