Updated...Still waiting to exhale

SBeth

Happy Monday Everyone.

First, let me say that I have ALOT of catching up to do and many many posts that want to respond to; but my role as caregiver has taken control of my life these past two weeks and I haven't even had much time to be a Mommy...I actually almost forgot my son's 11th birthday yesterday. Thank goodness for his aunt thinking it was a day earlier!

Now, if I may be so bold to ask, could I please get a few extra prayers for Bill tomorrow. He has had a pretty rough couple of weeks. Last week he had a chest CT scan, a bone scan and a brain MRI. We meet with the oncology team tomorrow to get the results of all those tests. His shortness of breath is increasing much along with pain that he is having a great deal of trouble getting under control. They increased his oxycontin, but that just made him sick and dizzy. His arms are now covered with this surface bruising. The oncologist thought it was just the rash from the Tarceva presenting itself in a different manner; but the drug rep from Tarceva was in the office last week and looked at Bill's arms and said he didn't think so. No idea what is causing it at this point...but as long as it doesn't and isn't causing pain...we're not focusing on that for now.

With things in our home feeling out of control and all the bad news on the board lately; I guess I just decided that I needed a good facial scrub so I buried my head deep down in the sand...now I'm ready to face the music, re-load my guns and get back on the front line with my husband. Please say an extra prayer for Bill tomorrow and I'll be stopping back a bit later to post, post and post some more...but please know that I have been thinking of everyone here all along!

By the way Ry...I love your new avatar. You are so pretty, you remind me of the actress that played opposite Steve Martin in the remake of Father of the Bride...I can't think of her name...Diane something. But I bet you hear that all the time. GREAT picture.

Sending my Prayers for some much needed good news tomorrow. I'm sorry to hear you have been going through so much. :( And yes, we have had a LOT of sadness on the board these days. It's just plan HARD to deal with at times and it's always helpful at times to just walk away and come back another day.

Sending hugs my friend to YOU AND BILL!!

Love, Hugs, & Support,

Connie