Lucie's PET Scan -- Not Good

Don Wood

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said a couple of expletives for you too. It's just plain B.S. that Lucie has to go through this. She is one tough woman and I definitely have you two in my prayers. It always sounds like your doctors are one step ahead to continue this fight...I'm so relieved for that.

Darn it!!! This is not what I expected to read about Lucie of all people. Maybe it's this August thing too. Glad there are still treatments available to Lucie and I know she's a fighter. She's responded well to treatments in the past so I'm sending many prayers that she'll keep up that excellent response to chemo.

I'll be thinking about the two of you, even more than usual.

gail p-m

Dear Don and Lucy,

Rats, Rats and triple Rats.... this has just been a crappy month all around!!!! I am sorry to hear this news, but happy the docs have a plan in place and Lucy in gonna put her boxing gloves on again!!! You are both in my prayers. Sharon

Don and Lucie

So sorry to hear your news is not so great, but hearing that there are treatments available to you is wonderful news. AS long as they feel they can treat it and Lucie being the fighter she is, I am sure she will do fine. I know it stinks having to go thru the chemo regimen again, but the alternative of not being able to do chemo stinks even worse. Hang in there Lucie and you too Don.

God Bless you both

Kim

Don and Lucy,

I'm so sorry that you didn't get good news from the PET scan. I will be praying that the new treatment works and doesn't have many side effects. You both are such wonderful people. You are always there to help and encourage others on this board. I know you have the fight in you to beat this beast.

Denise

Don,

As we say alot in Alabama...this sucks big time. I am so sorry you got these results from Lucie's PET scan.

I know that she is a fighter (better known as Lucie aka Joe Lewis) and that will make a big difference for her. Thank heavens there are still treatments available for her. Her next biggest asset (if not the biggest) is you. You are and have been a supporter for not only Lucie, but all of us here. I want to thank you for that.

Keeping you both in my prayers.

Nina

Oh Don and Lucie. :( I had this page open for the whole day because I really don't know what to say. I hope and pray that the chemo will yield dramatic results for Lucie. Like the other people have already mentioned, we need you here. I personally am inspired by your story. Keep the faith and God bless.

Love,

Frances

Don and Lucie

I am sorry to hear your disappointing news, perhaps the CAT will bring some better news. At any rate, I am sure she can beat this set-back too, just as she has all the other times.

regards,

Don and Lucie,

Just saw your post. :cry: I KNOW Lucie will beat this cancer; I just think it's so darn unfair she has to go through any more hassle. Sending strength and caring thoughts to both of you every day. Here's a little quote that reminded me of Lucie's enduring courage and toughness:

"The mountain remains unmoved at seeming defeat by the mist." ~ Rabindranath Tagore

Mount Lucie - you're stronger than that mist!

Leslie

Hi Don & Lucie,

I am so dissapointed in Lucie's news. :cry: But at least there is help and a plan for her. She will get through this with her faith and Don right by her side.

This has been in the most part a horrific month for our friends here at LCSC. :shock:

In fact, Joel was suppose to have his CT at the end of August, we are changing that to September.

Lucie and Don, hang in there as you will get through this. You know your wife, and she not going to let this get her down. We are all here supporting her every step of the way.

Prayers sent to you.

Maryanne