Sometimes it's hard to stay positive.

Hi,

My dad has been doing pretty well (I think), but every once in awhile I just feel so sad that he is dealing with this disease. I truly feel so positive sometimes, but other times I just feel an overwhelming sadness. I just want to hug him over and over and makes things okay, but I can't. He has his 4th round of chemo on Thursday and I believe that they are going to do another CT scan at some point after this to re-evaluate. I'm just praying that there is some shrinkage or at least stability. He looks so good to me and it would be a surprise to me if things weren't improving...but what do I know? He is so hopeful and I just hope that he gets some good news.

Thanks for listening to me. I just needed to get that out.

Cathy

It's only normal that you feel this way. You are very upset and worried about your Dad and it's hard to get his diagnosis out of your head. Just try and focus on being positive around your Dad. He's looking to you right now as a source of strength and support. Remember, someone is always here if you need to talk to any of us. Keep us posted.

Cathy,

I think most of us can relate to how you are feeling. I know I have had my share of up and down days. I've had days that I felt so upset I thought I would never smile again, but there is a point in time when acceptance plays a big part in it. You begin to accept what is and spend most of your days making the best of it. Praying gives me strength. It's the one thing that we can do .It gives us hope to carry on. God Bless you and your Dad. Will be praying that the next scans show great improvement.

Love and Prayers,

Sue

I think it is really important for us to be honest with ourselves and our feelings. I love how positive this board is...it keeps me going some days...but I also love that we have the freedom to be sad when we need to do that as well.

You and your dad are in my prayers.

:) Kelly

Hi Cathy,

Your feelings are very normal. You love your dad so much and do not want to hear anything negative. You want him around to share your life. That is so scarey when you think he may not. But put those thoughts out of your head as he will get better. You have to belive that. It happens all the time here, with our survivors.

Just keep the faith and a positive attiude, he has his belief going and that is half the battle. Never give up.

Will send prayers out to him and you for some much needed comfort.

You can vent anytime. We are always here to help you along.

Maryanne

Hi Cathy,

You are only human and someone very important to you is quite ill and that is a very good reason to be very sad at times. Try to be optomistic and look at how Dad is looking and feeling and then put that happy face on. Like I said it's only human to feel as you do and we have all been there that's for sure. You and you're Dad are in my prayers.

God Bless you both,

Jane

Hi Cathy,

Boy, I sure do know how you feel. You're not alone. Just hang in there and always remember that we are all here for you when you need to let your feelings out. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed for your Dad's appointment on Thursday. :)

Melinda