Update on Andrea's Mom

niececola

Andrea,

Thinking of and saying the biggest b'rucha I can for you and your mom. Take care of yourself while you're going through all this trying time -- your mom needs you strong, not wiped out!

Am hoping for -- no, trusting in -- the best...I'm sure it'll happen.

Thinking of you all with love,

Ellen

A zillion thanks to everyone.

She is still in ICU, but off the ventilator. However she has not been too responsive today, the only words she said were ice chips and hello and go home when she decided we shoud leave for the night :)

THey said her chest xray was not teh greatest, her lungs are not expanding and seh can't get the ball moving in the breathing thing. If it does not pick up tomorrow they may have to vent her again.

That';s about it. No real update. More tomorrow :)

Well she is out of ICU, but still so miserable, it breaks my heart. She said this is the worst she has been through.

Potential problems--she cannot do the breathing exercise machine you gte in the hospital, she is wheezing and has fluid on her lung, so they might drain it. She is taking major major baby baby steps which is ok, I just wnt her to keep taking them.

We will see what tomorrow brings!

the only words she said were ice chips and hello and go home when she decided we shoud leave for the night

When I read the above, all I could think was...."once a mom, always a mom". She's more worried about you and your dad, than herself!

Glad to know she's now out of ICU and moving around a bit. Her recovery is best taken in those baby steps. She's been through a lot...so she can be a turtle, not a rabbit in getting thru this recovery. :wink:

Best wishes to her...and I hope she can avoid the ventilator again. :(