great news

elkiesmom

Gary's oncologist just called him with his path report and it came back that all his lymph nodes are clean. They did find a lymph node that was not clean in his lobe that they did remove when the lobe was removed. so it looks like no rad for Gary but we will do the 16 weeks of Chemo. Question on that one. The oc says there is two ways to go about the Chemo. Every week for 16 weeks or every 3 weeks for 16 weeks. what has your experance been regarding that?

Thank you all for your prayers they have helped get us were we are right know.

Lorrie

Way to go, Gary and Lorrie! Great news! As for the chemo, you've probably figured out that the every three weeks gets higher dosage, so it really depends on how well Gary tolerates the chemo. Every three weeks gives Gary some recovery time in between and is what Lucie and I prefer. But if he has trouble with the higher dosage at one time, then every week is more appropriate. You wind up with the same total dosage. Don

So very very thankful that the lymph nodes are not all invaded. A blessing for sure. I had chemo every three weeks for six months. My body handled the chemo well but it didn't do much to the cancer cells. Each person seems to respond differently. praying Gary will be able to get over the cancer with chemo. pammie

Great news about the nodes. As for the chemo...what Don said makes sense to me. I would try the every three weeks first and see what happens. You won't know how he reacts until he has a dose. I hope and pray that it is easy on him. Do you know what chemo he will be taking?

Nina

Hooray for the clean lymph nodes.

My treatment was chemo (a mixture of two) every week for 12 weeks. I agree with your onco it could go either way. I think the doctors factor in lots of things when they make a decision. Whether or not someone can handle the large dosages, distance to travel for treatment, other health issues etc. If there is one thing I've learned in my 4 years is, everyone is an individual and protocols are different based on the indivdual and the doctor.

However the chemo is given I will pray that it does just what it's supposed to. :D

That is very great news, Lorrie.

Sorry I can't help you with the chemo question. I had combo weekly chemo and daily radiation for 8 weeks... then about a 4-6 week break and chemo again 3 or 4 X every 3 weeks...

So, my treatment plan was different than what your doc is proposing. To tell you the truth, I didn't even know about a choice until now.

Good luck guys!

Cindi o'h