Someone Is Having A Birthday Tomorrow

luvmydog2

Thank you to all my friends for your birthday wishes.. and thank you Bruce for always remembering!

I ushered in my birthday at midnight last night, standing outside with 4 policemen as they dusted my car for fingerprints. I had noticed from the house that my inside car light went on all of a sudden; someone had decided to steal all my CDs from my center console. Of course, these are the same CDs I have spent several years buying to replace the CDs I had to leave in NY with my ex. Some people believe that you keep going through life to learn lessons; I'm starting to think I'm going through life to hold onto these damn CDs. :roll: Anyway, as frustrated and violated as I felt, it could have been worse and my car could have been stolen, or the stereo.

I woke up feeling bad not only because I had 4 hours of sleep but because my CDs were gone. Then I felt bad that my family isn't near me and my daughter is 3 hours north of me so my birthday isn't really a big deal anymore.

Then I went to work. My desk was covered with balloons and gifts and flower arrangements and a huge cake. I always forget how they take care of me there, and make me feel special. So my day got better...

Then I got home and checked the board and saw all your birthday wishes and now my day is even better.

Its great to have family around you on special days, even if they're not 'related'!!!

Thanks all, you guys rock!!

(((Debi)))

When jerks break into your car and take something that's significant to you, it's bad enough; but, when they do it on your BIRTHDAY! :evil::evil:

Just lemme at 'em! Lousy creeps!!

So glad your friends at work showed you how much they enjoy you and care about you! Sometimes, the unexpected birthday presents and wishes are the most fun!

Tell you what...why don't you post a list of the missing CD's and maybe some of us might come across a copy and send them to you! A belated birthday gift! I'm serious!

Leslie

Good idea Leslie. Debi, my music tastes change almost daily so I probably, hopefully have some that you would like that I don't listen to anymore. Please let me know. I am glad the people you work with made your birthday special. Birthdays ARE special. Take care.

Hugs,

Nancy B

Dang it, Debi - I missed it. Happy Birthday, a little late but with no less sincerity!

I'm sorry to hear about your episode with the CDs. I'm betting one of them was NOT "Highway to Hell..." I still laugh (and cringe) everytime I hear that, thinking about you stuck listening to it at an inopportune point in time.

I'm glad your birthday got better, and hope it's the beginning of a YEAR that just gets better and better!

BeckyCW