Hope this isn't just wishful thinking !!!

Tim'sKathy

Tim has been on Iressa now for 2 weeks....when he started, we had learned that the cancer had spread to his vertebrae and a lymph node under his arm and one in his abdomen. A week ago, I had felt the one under his arm and believe me, it was there ! Plain as day....

This morning....he let me feel again...and I swear to God it is GONE ! I am no doctor, but there is definitely a change !!!!

Kathy

Don-

Tim had his first infusion of Zometa 7/18- that is what we think gave him the bad side effects...He had it on Friday and on Saturday he started with flu symptoms..fever, joint pain, vomiting...his fever got to 102 degrees on Saturday night...it was really scary. But our Onc plans on giving it to him again in a month- she said the side effects only happen the first time...hope she is right !

How is Lucie doing on the Iressa ? Tim has a bit of diarrhea and he said that he was getting little hot flashes the first few days..other than being extremely fatigued (which we can't figure out what is doing that) he is fine...he said he knows it is working ..and I hope I am right about not feeling that node anymore !

Kathy

Kathy, forgive my lapse of memory. Of course, Tim had the Zometa and the reaction. I was the one who suggested it might be the Zometa. Duh! Lucie is doing well this weekend. She has been on Iressa now for 10 days, with no side effects so far. She had her second Zometa shot on Tuesday, with no after effects this time. I am trying to slowly back her off some of the morphine now that the pain is subsiding. She had an MRI of her brain Friday because of severe headaches that have now subsided, and we hopefully will know Monday if she is still in the "empty head club". Her physical therapy is helping tremendously in getting her shoulders back and her back straight. Right now, things look good. Thanks for asking. Don

Don-

Glad Lucie had no side effects this time from the Zometa...I know it did a number on Tim his first time. He goes again 8/11 for his next one.

It is amazing..ever since the Iressa, all of Tim's pain is gone..He has gone from 2 - 40 mg oxycontins twice a day plus 2 percocets every 4-6 hours, to one oxycontin every 12 hours, one percocet at night and a couple of tylenol in the afternoon...he thinks his going to cut it down even more next week as he is in no pain at all.

Absolutley no side effects or reactions to the radiation to his spine..he has had 4 treatments, 6 more to go.

Looking forward to our vacation in Sept at the Ocean..I am so glad Lucie is feeling better ! I am praying for you that her MRI is clean !

Kathy