Decadron: The Evil Continues

Addie

:evil:

I guess this is the pattern....awake one night...so exhausted the next that you sleep...and then up again the night after that. :?

I've been doing some surfing on side effects, one of which is "sleep disturbance". :roll:

I gotta tell ya, my sleep is MORE than disturbed, it's p*$$ed off beyond all recognition! :?

I awoke at 1:30 again and am right now enjoying a cup of green tea ('enjoying' being a relative term). Oh, I ate a banana too. I'm trying like crazy to avoid the bag of caramel filled Hershey's Kisses as somewhere I read that one's sweet tooth can be impacted with Decadron. The really bad part of that is that the rad onc told me the radiation could result in diabetes insipidus. :(

OH, that's something else I want to look up on the net!

(Edited to add: Learned something....diabetes insipidus has nothing to do with sugar. Who knew? It's related to the pituitary, which I knew, but again...has nothing to do w/ sugar levels. It's glandular and radiating the brain again may damage my pituitary gland which in turn, can affect ALL glandular functions, which the rad onc told me. Hold a good thought for my thyroid then, will you...I'm going after that bag of Hershey's Kisses! :wink: )

When I start counting moles and freckles I think I'll throw myself down the stairs. :roll:

I'm really not losing it again as I did the other night...I'm just a bit rummy after this rollercoaster of sleep/sleep deprivation. Hope you all are snoozing peacefully, having sweet dreams and that you waken refreshed, renewed and ready to face your day.

Just as you're gearing up....I may be crashing, finally, to grab some needed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's :!:

Nope, Addie, I was not snoozing away. I was surfing right here :? . I should have PM'd you or something. Wouldn't that have been just a riot :lol: !

DH was just snoozing away and I had to restrain myself from giving him one good whack...if ya know what I mean :roll: ! Hope tonight is a good one again for you. NOT too many naps today. For me a nap during the day can guarantee lack of sleep that night.

Next time we may actually FIND one another 'In the Still of the Night'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kasey

Addie.

I finally got to bed around 6 am.. don't know what is up with this horrid sleep schedule of mine either!

Would be fun to join you and Kasey in a good chat!

Nothing we could do to help you with the decadron, though.

Did see on another thread that you will be shopping for a diamond with DS? Please pick out the prettiest, spark el eee diamond for his sweetie! This is great news!

Hang tough, girl!

Cindi o'h

Addie,

Bring your energetic butt to my house, lots of painting and the like to do and with you on that "speed", I'm sure the faux stuff would be wonderful - faux fur, faux wood...

Really, though, I hope you get some sleep. I was up, too, but the site here was slow and I decided to just surf. Found all kinds of sick and deprived news stories...

Hope you get some sleep tonight (and me, too!).

Becky

Addie:

My alarm went off at 5 am because I had an early tee time and the guy I play golf with HAS to eat breakfast before playing. I neglected to go to the site as it seems lately that it is down for maintenance at that time of morning.

Hoping and praying that the sleep schedule adjust itself to give you a good night's restful sleep.

Addie,

I found a couple of web pages with stories and advice from other people about Decadron. Maybe you've already found them. The second one belongs to a general cancer website that I hadn't found before. Worth checking out when you run out of new surf sites at 3 am! :wink:

Also, found some quotes. When my depression flares up (which hasn't been for a long time) I always have trouble sleeping. I can personally relate to some of these quotes, especially the very last one!

Hang in there!

Leslie

http://www.anarchive.org/steroids.htm

http://www.cancerlynx.com/decadron.html

Life is something that happens when you can't get to sleep. ~Fran Lebowitz

Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking. ~Clifton Fadiman

A flock of sheep that leisurely pass by

One after one; the sound of rain, and bees

Murmuring; the fall of rivers, winds and seas,

Smooth fields, white sheets of water, and pure sky -

I've thought of all by turns, and still I lie

Sleepless...

~William Wordsworth, "To Sleep"

If a man had as many ideas during the day as he does when he has insomnia, he'd make a fortune. ~Griff Niblack

Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it's time to get up. ~Author Unknown

Without enough sleep, we all become tall two-year-olds. ~JoJo Jensen, Dirt Farmer Wisdom, 2002

When you have insomnia, you're never really asleep, and you're never really awake. ~From the movie Fight Club, based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk

How do people go to sleep? I'm afraid I've lost the knack. I might try busting myself smartly over the temple with the night-light. I might repeat to myself, slowly and soothingly, a list of quotations beautiful from minds profound; if I can remember any of the damn things. ~Dorothy Parker

There are twelve hours in the day, and above fifty in the night. ~Marie de Rabutin-Chantal