For the fishing fan

Leslie221

A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work. ~Author Unknown

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it. ~Irish Blessing

Somebody just back of you while you are fishing is as bad as someone looking over your shoulder while you write a letter to your girl. ~Ernest Hemingway

The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad. ~A.K. Best

It has always been my private conviction that any man who pits his intelligence against a fish and loses has it coming. ~John Steinbeck

Bragging may not bring happiness, but no man having caught a large fish goes home through an alley. ~Author Unknown

If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~Doug Larson

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on the muddy banks of rivers doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home. ~Author Unknown

There he stands, draped in more equipment than a telephone lineman, trying to outwit an organism with a brain no bigger than a breadcrumb, and getting licked in the process. ~Paul O'Neil, 1965

I am not against golf, since I cannot but suspect it keeps armies of the unworthy from discovering trout... ~Paul O'Neil

Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark