New Member August 05

vhaymon

Hi my name is Vicky and I am a 45 year old mother of 3 with Stage IV lung cancer. I was diagnosed on Jan 20, 2005.

I am doing great even though all three attempts at Chemo were failures God is sustaining me. I will complete my 10th radiation treatment today at 2:30 and then I will see my Oncologist on Wednesday afternoon and start Tarceva.

It has been a rough road with many set backs including bleed outs, blood clots, transfusions, etc.. where I almost didn't make it but God isn't through with me yet and I have way too much to live for.

My children are daughter 26, son 23 & son 21 and I have a grandson that is 6. My oldest is also expecting her second child in March.

I have a group of friends that come to my house on Monday nights for Prayer & Worship and they fast for me 1 day a week. I can't lose with friends like that.

I am a survivor! And I am glad I found this community. Feel free to visit my website..

http://www.caringbridge.org/tx/vicky

Hi Vicky. Welcome to our family. I am so happy for you that you have a group of wonderful friends and prayer partners. He does listen to our prayers! Hope we can be of help also. Donna G

Welcome, Vicky. I love all the nice pictures you have posted at your website. In addition to your friends there in Texas, you will make lots of wonderful new friends from this board. I'll add you to my prayer list!

Hi Katie

My maiden name is Brown. :)

I do plan on staying this looks like a great group from what I've read so far.

I was self employed when diagnosed and my husband is a business owner also so we had no insurance and are part of the Parkland Plan now. I had radiation at UT SW Medical Center on Inwood with Dr. Timmermon who is awesome.

Hey Vicky!

Sorry you had to seek us out, but hopefully the folks here can provide some support for you as well. I know they've helped me.

It sounds like you have a great support network. I'm sure my mom would tell you that nothing works better than prayers and hugs from grandkids.

:) Kelly

Vicky,

You have really been through a great deal in a short time. Your faith and your attitude are all inspiring. Please stick around and share your zeal with all of us and we, in turn, will be here for you in any way that we can.

Best of luck with the Tarceva.

• 3 weeks later...

I have been following Vicky's story via her website on caringbridge but hadn't checked for a week or so, when I went back today I found a message stating that Vicky passed away on Sept. 4th - another mother with kids/grandkids - this is so very sad!

Prayers for the family!

Much Love,

Amy

I also remember her first post just a few weeks ago. When I saw this ribbon I clicked on her web page and read the sad news. I guess God wanted to heal her perfectly in Heaven. I pray for her family all so young for their comfort and peace. Donna G