Back home and kickin, Not like I planned

rvillella

Hi all, Sorry my wife couldn't post but they couldn't keep her out of the hospital. Seems if it could go wrong it went wrong. The day I checked in the admitting officer asked about my VA Disability, abd whether or not I was getting any. Saying that I was and that it was a 70% disability, he asked why I was paying for all this. Much to my surprise they have been charging me full price instead of the partial they should have been. I went to the people who do the billing and they said they would see what they could do for me. The next day I went into surgery. They couldn't get the Vein they wanted to cooperate and then it seems they got rushed into getting me into the room. To make a long story short, the lung had attached itself to the chest wall, the cancer in the bonch was closer to the bronchial tube that the margin wasn't clear enough, the surgeon was trying to decide whether to just close the whole thing off and stop when one of the arteries was accidently cut and I lost 90 percent of the blood in my body. He made the decision to take the lung, worry about the margin later and last but not least, try not to leave any cancer. That little surgery lasted 18 hours. I am still a quart low on blood, which is why I will be on oxygen longer than they thought. And now it looks like a few rounds of Chemo and Radiation for anything they may have left because of the margin. Sorry this is so long, but I haven't been able to get this out to anyone other than my family and they don't know what it all means anyway. Thanks for the prayers, they did help.

Ralph

holy moly, ralph. you poor thing!! I am SO glad to hear from you, especially after that description. I am so, so sorry you went through all that. don't apologize for your post, it wasn't long at all and there is no limit here!

I'm sorry this is more complicated than you'd anticipated, but I hope and trust it'll be a little easier for you from here on out. at least, with fewer surprises.

your attitude is great, taking it in stride. and people here who've been through it will understand, I have no doubt.

xoxo

amie

Hi Ralph,

Wow, 18 hours, incredible... but here you are and you will get stronger everyday. Just take one day at a time and one day soon this ordeal will be a distant memory. Trust me, you will get through this.

Hang in there... you are really a trooper. So glad to came to us.

Keep us posted when you can.

Prayers being sent to your for healing and strength.

Maryanne

Ralph,

Good grief Charlie Brown! Eighteen hours is a very long time to be in surgery. You are one very strong person. Now all they have to do is top off the blood supply and get you well and home. I hope you do very well from this point forward. You have done your due diligence.

Prayers are headed your way again.

Nina

Hi Ralph,

I'm glad to see you are feeling well enough to give us all an update. It sounds like you have been thru quite an ordeal. Now that we know you are okay and in fighting spirit...you just sit back and work on getting your blood supply back and we'll send up the prayers.

Hey Ralph, sounds like God had his guardian angel standing over you. So thankful you made it through that surgery. What an inspiration you are! You continue to have a great attitude. Bless you for encouraging the rest of us. may God fill your life with wonderful blessings. praying for you. pammie

All the good, clean exclamations have already been made. But, Cowabunga Dude!

You are clearly meant to make it through this dumb cancer, no matter what! You are gonna do it! Hope the rest of the treatment is less challenging for you and your wife. But, you're gonna make it - and that's what counts!!

Leslie

Hey Ralph,

After ALL that you have already been through, the rest should all be downhill from now on! All I can say is.... you POOR guy. Continue regaining some strength and get the rest of treatment behind you. You WILL be ready to move on. I am certain of it!

Kasey