First time here...my Mom just diagnosed with advance nsclc

Guest kathleen

Guest kathleen

Mom is 84 in generally good health. No obvious symptoms yet. I can't believe it. I don't know what to expect. I am spending every minute outside of work with her and my Dad. Any words of encouragement? She starts chemo Monday. They are using Taxotere....she only has one kidney so there are not a lot of chemo options we are told. I am grief stricken and determined to make each day of the rest of her life better than the day before. Please help.

Kathleen, please know that I am keeping your mom and you in my prayers. Often, dealing with cancer can really take its toll on caregivers, so please take care of yourself!

Kathleen,

I want you to take a DEEP breath and try, try to relax. My Dad was diagnosed with advanced lc and he lived 4 years... and very good years. I know the original diagnosis is so upsetting, I thought I would only have Daddy for a few months... but he went through the Chemo like a champ and he had EXCELLENT quality of life. I pray the same for your Mom....