Prayers for little Drew

kim

I would just like to ask everyone to add little Drew, he's only 2 yrs. old, to their prayer list. His mom is a nurse at one of the hospitals I work at and he has a rare type of lung cancer. I think he is the youngest person I have heard of with lung cancer. I just hope everyone will add him to their prayers.

Praying hard and often for this little guy. I shared the hallway with a little girl (about 9)while waiting for xrays last week. We were the only ones there, and she had her wheelchair, 02 tank, and IV pole decorated with lavender and lilac ribbons and bows. She told me she was definitely a "girly-girl", and offered to give me some ribbons for my own set up. I thanked her but explained that between the chest tube, the epidural catheter tubing, the two IVs I was afraid that one more trailing anything would tie me up in knots I would never be able to undo. She laughed.

We can learn a great deal from young children about how to live with cancer...once the pain and sickness of treatment or disease ends, they are able to be happy in the present moment. But it still breaks my heart knowing that any youngster has to deal with this all of this.

I'm so sorry and am praying for little Drew. From my previous job at a childhood cancer organization, I knew of many (unfortunately very many) who had a type of childhood cancer that metastasized to the lung, but none with actual lung cancer. This poor little guy. My prayers are with Drew and his family.

Praying for a miracle,

BeckyCW

I think it has something to do with the pleural lining of the lung. He kept having lung infections and trouble breathing, but couldn't figure out why. I will try to find aout the exact diagnosis from the girls at the hospital I work at. I think he just finished his first round of chemo. Thank you all for your prayers. I'll let you know anything I find out.