Just brought in Hospice for Mom

flwrjunke

Hi Everyone,

My Mom was dx in October of 2004. She went thru 6 rounds of chemo, 3 days each, and was unable to do radiation due to previous radiation after breast cancer surgery in 2000. Her last round of chemo was 3/18/05.

On 8/15/05, two weeks ago yesterday she played her last round of golf. She had been playing 3 times a week.

On 8/16/05 we had oxegon brought into the house and on the 8/19/05 we took her to the ER. She was having trouble breathing due to a pleural effusion. They drained 2 liters from her left lung, gave her antibotics and an anti-inflamitory.

We brought her home on the 20th and bought in a caregiver the next day. Last Friday we called Hospice. The Doctors said it wouldn't be long and we are spending as much time with her as possible. Her left arm swelled up last week and now I notice her right foot it swollen also.

Hospice gave us a book about dying. It talks about detachment from this world and the signs and symptoms of dying. It's all so much to take in.

Please keep our family in your prayers.

Thank you

You are all absolutely in my prayers. Hospice is a good thing, believe it or not. We all have to face death at one time or another, and a good hospice team can really help not only the patient, but the family through this transition.

God bless you all through this difficult time.

Di

You and your family are in my prayers at this difficult time- I am sure that you will find hospice to be wonderful support-as I recently did- they are there for all of you so if you find you are having a difficult time with anything-emotions, family dynamics...anything- they can help you through this trying time.

So sorry about your mom. I am glad that hospice is there to help. They are wonderful. I did read that book and it did help me with my friend who passed from LC in July.

Spend as much time with her and let her know how much you love her.

Keep us posted and please know that we are here if you need us.

Prayers sent out to your mom for comfort and peace and you for strength.

Maryanne