Severe Leg/Back Pain (nerve damage)

jacobson1972

Hi, it's Beth again.

Have any of you or your loved ones had tremendous leg pain associated with NSMLC? In my mom's case, a tumor on her L1 vertebre was putting pressure on the spine, which caused it to fracture. Since then, the pain caused by this is very bad for her. They are contemplating different pain control options, including an epidural type pain med and a nerve block. They will only begin treatment when the pain is allowing her to be at least 50% mobile.

Just trying to gather more info...thanks for any input.

Beth

Beth do you mean NSCLC? If your mom's cancer has spread to the bone then yes she would be in great pain. Some have more pain then others. I guess I'm not sure what it is your looking to hear or asking.

What your mother is going through sounds like it is very painful. Her comfort is whats most important here. I hope they find something that will help with her pain. It is NOT uncommon to have serious pain and not all drugs seem to help. Everyone is different.

Hugs,

Connie

Hi, it's Beth again.

associated with NSMLC?

Beth

Beth...my husband Bob had mets to his bones and was in severe pain....he rec'd radiation to his bone mets in April and the Dr. told him to expect the pain to ease in about 3 months....this week he said, the bone pain was gone...he just hadn't realized it because he has severe joint pain from the Taxol chemo. Diane

Dennis had mets to the spine which caused tremendous pain. The chemo seemed to work well to remove the cancer from internal organs but never seemed to really tackle the mets to his spine. However, radiation seemed to alleviate much of the pain.