Fun Post - Wow my gas guzzler is emptying my pockets.

Rick

What unusual stories do you have on the latest high price Gas situation.

Let me start. I purchased a Dodge Quad Cab Pickup with the biggest engine possible about 2 years ago when gas was still 1.20 or so per gallon.

Today I filled up my truck and it was 62.00 to fill it up. Its hard to beleive that 15.00 wouldnt even give me a 1/4 tank. I get about 10 miles per gallon and basically stuck with this vehicle until its paid off or paid down.

I may start thinking of walking....

Rick

Well, Rick, I have no great stories to tell, BUT I do HEAR you! About the time you bought your vehicle, my DH purchased his 'DREAM'....a GIANT XUV! Wanted a truck or something to 'haul' stuff for a long time. So now he's got it! Yep.....mucho $$$$$$$$$$$$ to fill up.

Kasey :cry:

Gas Story--- HMMMMM, let's see. They are talking of closing gas stations here in Memphis so everyone is racing to the pumps to fill up before it happens.

Living life,

Jamie

P.S. My husband said he was going to siphon gas out of my car.

My brother just bought an Expedition. :oops:

They hybrids are such looking nicer than my van right now. I wonder if this is what it will finally take for Americans (like myself) to invest in more sensible cars. You should see the cute little things they drive in Vienna. If it's what the market demans, the car companies will find a way!

:) Kelly

My car takes premium....so hubby only drives it to the dump (my car has the dump sticker on it...it's a wagon).

But he filled his tank today and it was about $44.00.

The only good thing is that I can't drive right now :roll: ...so it's not like the both of are out there. But we have to drive 20 mins. one way, five days a week to the hospital...and he still says he goes thru a tank in about a week. Not too bad.

When I was driving...a tank lasted me three weeks :wink: I only really drove to the grocery, the golf club, Michael's Crafts and TJ Maxx! :lol:

Oh My God Rick..I don't want to talk about gas!!

As you all know, I was so happy to buy my Ford Explorer V8 a year ago... it was a choice between the SUV and a little teeny weeny sports car that was just sooooooo damn cute. Of course I opted for the Explorer since I always had small cars and it would be so nice to have ROOM. :roll::?

Have I ever mentioned my personal, decision-making skills problem? :shock:

We traded our itty bitty car for (luckily a 4 cylinder) SUV this past spring...decided i was sick and tired of my daughter sticking her feet in my back as we drove. I know we should probably down-size to a small car again...but we only drive 10 miles a day for work so we don't get hit TOO hard by the gas pinch. Prays we'll see gas back under $3 a gallon at some point, though, or i need a raise!

Luckily, I take the train to work and only drive to the station---one mile--however, I was sure shocked when one day the pump was $2.89 per gallon--, the next day $3.65!!!!Remember the good old days when we complained when it went to $2.00?

I have been driving my Mom's car since she got sick last year, its a little chevy cavalier. Used to be maybe 20 dollars to fill up...35 gave me a bit over 3/4 tank. Little car must have big tank...But I also have a Z28 Camaro (V8). I had put this car in the shop to have a new radiator put in. Well, I go to pick it up day before yesterday and I notice that there is no gas, but I am thinking I can get home and didnt think much else about it. Well as I am driving along the car starts acting weird like there is no gas gettting thru, but I am still convinced I have enough to get home. I really did not want to put any gas in the car as I dont drive it and am thinking of selling it. So i get on the cell and call the automotive place and tell them the car didnt even get home before it broke again. Well the guy who answered said Kim its out of gas, I started it this morning and was wondering then if it was out. Stubborn me is like no its not, ive been driving this car for 3 years..I know when it needs gas. But before he would come tow it back he insisted I try gas. So I called my friend who brings me 1/2 gallon of gas, and walla starts right up. Went to the nearest gas station and paid for 2 gallons of gas. Plus filled her little 1 gallon gas can up..9.00 I paid. I was so embaressed, but I knew I didnt want to spend my money on gas. Plus it being 2 days before payday I wasnt exactly rolling in money.

I do not know what all you guys do that have big SUV's and things. I had thought thats what I was going to trade my camaro for, but now I think I am just gonna keep driving Mom's little cavalier...

Here in Florida, we are lucky to even find gas, at any price. I ran around for over two hours yesterday looking for gas. I have an Explorer and my tank was down below a half tank. I also needed to get gas for the lawnmower and weedeater. Here in Florida, we have been getting absolutely soaked with rain, so not mowing the grass for a week is really not an option. I finally found gas and had to wait in line for another 45 minutes before pumping. I paid $3.08 for regular unleaded! There have been a lot of rumblings that Governor Bush is looking at rationing gas in our state.

I was glad to see the price drop almost as fast as it had risen - down to $2.99 here. Dropped $0.40 in one day, but had climbed $0.80 in one day earlier in the week!

I wish we had the option of using a train system like Europe has, but here in the good ol' U.S. of A., the train tracks have been pulled up. All little towns used to have a depot, but not now...

I can't ride my bicycle to work, I drive 27 miles one way. I carpool with my husband saving the double gas payment, but could not work out a carpool with others due to sporadic overtime (who else would wait two unplanned hours for me to get out of work?).

Besides that, I live in Michigan - that ol' bicycle would be mighty hard to handle with eight inches of snow, 35 mph northerly winds and an air temperature of zero degrees C... :shock: Around here, they call that January and February...

I got a new car this spring--a 2005 Mustang convertible. I thought long and hard about making the choice between the practical V6 engine and the more popular V8 GT. Practicality won out :shock: , and I got the V6.

It's still not great on gas. I only get about 16 mpg, but I hate to think about that big V8 engine I almost got.

Out other vehicle is a Mercury Mountaineer with a V8 and I saw $55.00 go into that tank to fill it just yesterday.....

Hope this gets back to something reasonable soon.

Cindy

Katieb and I experienced the UK gas prices. We lived there in 1999 - 2001. In Texas where we are from, everyone drives and they generally drive huge SUV's and Pickup Trucks, so when we landed In the UK, the 1st thing I did was start looking for a big car. I ended up buying this massive 732I Beemer. The 1st time I filled it up with Gas, I couldnt believe the costs since I had been used to 1.00 usd per gallon in the states. 1 fill up and I listed the car in the Exchange & Mart (like auto Trader). Sold the Beemer and bought 2 Mini's. Loved them and loved the gas mileage.

Rick I hear ya, we have an F350 quad cab we bought last year. It is Diesel and that's more expensive than Premium gas. They used to dump diesel on the ground years agoe because it was just the by-product of gas and considered invaluable. It cost me $45.00 for 12 gal of gas yesterday. Mr. Bush is sure getting richer.

Soldiers here are saying the Iraq and Gulf wars are all oil wars...