Getting to Know You - September 02

Ann

Besides babysitting, my first *real job* was at a variety store (Woolworths) I stocked, moved up to cashier and THEN...for Easter, they had me dress up as the Easter Bunny and walk up and down the shopping center with an easter basket and pass out candy to the kids. Pretty funny! I worked only a few hrs a week and I think my first paycheck was less than $30.00, LOL

Libby

My first real job was a telephone solicitor for a termite company :shock: ! I worked there over a year, they started losing money so got rid of everyone but me and decided to try me out going door to door to canvas neighborhoods.

They did teach me a valuable life lesson that I have never forgotten. When entering someone's fenced yard, first rattle the gate back and forth a couple times. IF there is a dog, it will hear it and come running. If after a 3 count, no dog, it's most likely safe to enter. :lol:

I carried newspapers for 7 1/2 mile a day after school at 13. I had no bicycle to ride. I delivered through all the weather...rain - sleet - snow.

Taught me lifes lesson early in life. I saved for my first car. It was a 295.00 car but to me it was top of the line.

My next job was in a nursing home. I helped with the elderly...bathing and feeding etc. Pay was 1.63 per hour and I worked 35 hrs per week.