HI ALL FROM TEXAS

Guest lking9903

My husband had viral pneumonia all through June, and finally recovered well. Even though it was viral, they still did heavy-duty antibiotics on him, because the viral pneumonia weakens your immune system to bacterial infections. They did three shots three days in a row, then put him on Tequin, then Augmentin. He finally shook it after lots of TLC. Good luck to you - so glad you found a decent doctor!! Sometimes it takes a few tries.

Hi Iking,

So glad that you took another alternative and looked for help somewhere else. Glad that it tunned out to be pnemonia and they are aggressily treating it. That is what you need to knock this out of your system once and for all.

Good luck with you treatment, I will be thinking of you.

Maryanne :wink:

Guest lking9903

Hi everyone, :D

I am so overwhelmed by all of your responses. Thanks so much for the encouraging prayers and support. I feel so dumb, like I was jumping the gun about maybe having lc. I am so glad it was pnemonia but I had a heck of a time with it. I am feeling alot better now but rib cage and chest alittle sore from all the coughing, guesse my muscles there did not like that sickness too well at all. I will deffinitly keep in touch and you will all stay in my prayers.

TAKE CARE AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL!!![/code]

I am very happy for you that you have been diagnosed with pneumonia and not Lung Cancer, but I also want to say that I don't think you have been "jumping the gun" at all! I think you've made some very smart choices recently about your health. I also think that because of your family history, your own history of having been a smoker, because you are a young female-regardless of whether or not you've ever smoked-you should continue to be proactive about your health, and insist that you have at least a yearly CT scan of your chest. Hope you continue to do well.