Intrduction

KarenLa

My Father In law was dx in June of this year. He is 73 I am sorry I don't know the lingo or medical terms very well, in fact much of it is not told us per my father in laws request.

We found out yesterday that he is stage 4 and it has spread to his spine and legs. He tried a combo of chemo which didn't help, he is trying another now.

He had bladder cancer twice before, 4 heart attacks and a stint put in. He tried quitting smoking for years.

I have two sister in laws fighting breast cancer also. We are numb and confused.

Karen

Hi Karen,

welcome to our group! No matter knowing the lingo. It's okay. Anytime lung cancer is diagnosed in a family is can be really scary. The more knowledge a person has, though, the less scary it seems.

I am sorry that your family is riddled with the beast. You are welcome to come here to vent your feelings and concerns. You will find many caring, understanding people who are going through the same circumstances as you.

Cindi o'h

Hi Karen,

So sorry you had to find us, but you will see there is so much knowledge and support here.

LC is not a death sentence, there is many treatments out there, they will find one that will help your FIL.

You family is ridden by too much illness. My heart goes out to you your FIL and your family members.

Keep us informed of his progress and know that we are here for you 24/7.

Maryanne

Hi Karen,

you know that saying that "God doesn't give us more than we can handle" well obviously it was spoken by someone with absolutely nothing on their plates.

you sure are carrying allot right now. The stress alone will wear you down like Niagara falls wears down a rock.

I have been there. where you are now. I lost mom, dad, father in law all to LC in the last 2 years. My sister was dx's with Breast cancer the day we burried dad.

i kinda went looney there for a while and with the help of numerous anti-anxiety meds I am doing ok now. You can't take care of others (I have found out) and not take some care of yourself. I will just break you down to the fabric of your soul.

take care, vent here and ask allot of questions.

shelly

Karen,

I wanted to welcome you to the group.

I'm sorry your family is going through such tough times.

Hang in there and continue to come to this site to gain knowledge and support.

PS...... I'll be praying that the new chemo works for your FIL.

Melinda

Karen,

It seems like your family has really had to carry more that its fair share of burdens. I hope you can find some relief soon. My soul has been calmed many times by what I have read at this site, so I hope you can find some comfort her as well.

Take care of yourself, and let us know how your FIL is progressing.

:) Kelly

Thank you everyone for your posts, they have really helped. I just finished reading them to my husband Rich. He wishes his dad can read these. But his father will not look at anything cancer related. He is not really allowing his children to know to much. But we are now after 4 months are getting some information about his LC.

My husband and I feel blessed for finding this site and getting posts from everyone who is going through this. I am in the process of reading the posts and praying for everyone here! Rich and I already feel comfort, thank you all so much, God Bless you.

Karen and Rich

Hi Karen,

I am glad that you found this sight as they have been absolutely wonderful to me, but am sad that you needed to be here. Your FIL is probably still trying to get his head around this, so it is hard for him to take in much of anything else right now...My mum was dx in March and she still won't let us ask her onc any questions!

There are a great bunch of people on this sight with a lot of information so just hang in there and don't hesitate to ask for anything.

I'll keep you all in my prayers

Jenny

Welcome Karen.

Sorry to be so late to welcome you -- I have been out of town and just saw your post tonight.

It's all so overwhelming at first, isn't it? Difficult enough when you have only one person to worry about, but three close family members at one time... :cry:

Take a deep breath, exhale, and take it one step at a time. Sending you caring thoughts and strength.

Leslie