Party's Over - Fight's On

CharlieD

Had 3 month CT yesterday. Results create a vaccuum.(Sucks) Progression of main tumor in right lung and slight progression of small lesion in left lung. Slight increase of fluid in Pleural Effusion around right lung but not enough to tap at this time. Doc suggests another CT in two months and then start chemo again, either Navelbine or Taxotere. Reason for delaying two months is due to no symptoms at this time and feeling well. Gotta think about the situation a few days and make a decision.

Aw, shoot, Charlie...I'm sorry to hear about the progression...but you'll whack this down again, I'm betting, once you get on the right chemo cocktail.

Any real reason for the two month wait to start chemo? When did you finish the last chemo? (Not sure if your bio is up to date.) I dunno...but if it were me, I'm not sure I'd want to wait unless you just finished chemo and your body needs the break.

You saw a significant reduction in the main tumor the first go round with chemo...so here's hoping the second line works as well or better!

I'm sending *shrink the tumors and stay strong* vibes your way~! :)

Charlie,

this is not the news we were hoping for nor expecting. Big hoover.

I do like Don's suggestion. Rich has been posting some very interesting articles regarding avastin plus other combo after first line failure.

Rich has posted much. (hint hint)

Glove up, man! And hit it hard!

love, Cindi o'h

Charlie...so sorry to get this news! You just keep on fighting and come out of your corner a winner! How about watching some Rocky movies before treatment...that'll get you mentally fit to fight! Dennis must have watched Patton at least one hundred times during his treatment!

My initial response was to ask the Doc to start Chemo immediately, which she would have done. She explained that it was very slow growing and that since I feel so well there was no reason to get back on the couch and feel terrible when my quality of life at the present time is so good. In other words, if you feel good, don't screw with it. I'm inclined at this time to go along with it. If I start having symptoms, I'll start immediately. Posed the question to the experts and haven't had a response yet. Does this make sense?

CharlieD

Hi Charlie,

Seems like you are ready to put on those boxing gloves and face your apponent head on!!

Keep that motivation going and you will knock it on its a-s.

Prayers sent to you...

Keep us posted. You will win this fight.

Maryanne

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't lost sight of you, Charlie D! Just glad to hear that you are feeling so dang good. I am jealous of that! But, happy for you!

You will know when the time is right. And you will have the knowledge you need to go in the ring with the best ammunition; I am confident in that!

Swing by the pub for some rott gut sometime.. It is afet 5pm!

love, Cindi o'h