How Many States?

Don Wood

I have lived in Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Virginia, South Carolina, Florida, Mississippi, Louisiana, California, Minnesota, New York in the U.S.A and the province of Quebec in Canada. Not in that order and several I have lived in more than once. As you can guess I have driven through many of the others just trying to get from one to the next one or back to our home states to visit. I will tell you it is a long drive through Texas and on to California!

Well, I've only lived, for serious amounts of time, in NY, Connecticut, DC, Mass and California, but I've spent lots of time in Maine, New Hampshire, West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland. Then I've visited Vermont, Rhode Island, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa and Hawaii. Spent a lot of time in Ontario. Spent some time in Mexico as well. Lived, as a child, for five years in India and later in the Philippines. Spent years in England; visited France, Italy, Lebanon, Iraq, Pakistan, Japan, Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand. So I've filled in some of the blank spots in my USA resume with overseas places.

Ellen

Places I've lived (in bold) and visited:

States:

Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, Wyoming

Washington, D.C.

Canada:

British Colombia, Ontario, Yukon Territory

Other Countries:

Terceira Island, Azores; Coco Solo, Panama; Augsburg and Bremerhaven, Germany; Grand Cayman Island; Jamaica; Mexico; Switzerland, France

Let's see... Lived in Maryland and Illinois

Visited Virginia, Washington DC, Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Indiana, Iowa, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Nevada, Arizona, Utah, California, Tennesee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Massachusetts, New Hampshire

Another fun one! Places I've lived are in bold.

Arizona, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin. Lived in 9; visited another 21 - if my math is correct.

Muriel K[/b]

Let's see...

Born in MI.

Presently living in MI.

Lived in OH and NJ.

Visited NY, VA, PA, DE, FL, MS, LA, WI, IL, MN, ND, SD, WY, CO, UT, NM, NV, AZ, TX, HI(that's the abbreviation for Hawaii, right?), and DC.

You didn't ask, but foreign countries visited include Switzerland, Canada, and Russia.

But there's just no place like home, wherever you make yours!

~Suz

States:

Alabama, Arizona, California, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Missouri, Nevada, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington, D.C.

Other Countries:

Jamaica, Mexico, Grand Caymen, St. Thomas, Bermuda, St. Marteen, England, France, Italy.

There is still so much world I want to see. I am going back to Italy on 9/27 (I know I need a hall pass). While I am there, I have a group of friends that are taking a 19 day tour of the National Parks, this sounds fantastic. If I could only replicate myself like the guy in the AARP ad, you know the one that says "Wake up Sleepydoo".

Penna, NJ, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Maryland, Washington, DC, Arizona, Massachutes, Virginia, Conn, Delaware, New York California, Rhode Island New Hampshire, Hawaii

Countries, Mexico, Grand Caymen, Bahamas, England, Amsterdam

Thats it, we still have so much to see.

Ginny,

I have been hearing so much of Italy lately. Joel's Oncologist and Endocrinologist ( husband and wife) just got back from being there 3 weeks. They go every year. My brother and sister-in-law are flying to Italy on the 17 and taking a 2 week cruise. Some people I work with are going.

You said you are going back, so it must have really left an impression on your too.

I want to go too, Iam so jealous... :wink:

Maryanne

Lived: GA, AL, TN

Visited: MS, LA, TX, OK, AR, NV, AZ, HI, CA, SC, NC, VA, WV, DC, NY, NJ, OH, IL, OH, MN, WI, CO, MI, FL, MD, MO, KY.

Next group to focus: northwest coast and AK.

Caribbean Islands: Bonaire, Curacao, Grand Bahama, Bimini, Eleuthra, Grand Cayman, and underneath most of the water between them.

Lived in 3 states California, Louisiana and Washington

Visited or drove through

California, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, Texas, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, North Carolina, South Carolina, Virgina, Washington DC, New York, Massacucets,New Hampture, Conneticut, Main,Pensylvania,Tennesee, Arkansas, Utah, Colorado, Oregon and Washington.

I think that is complete please don't hold spelling against me. If I had to spell the names to get there I would probably never have left California!!

My dream is to someday go to Alaska in fact that was Johnny's dream too.

Lived In:

Illinois

Florida

Washington

(all within the last 18 months I might add)

Visited:

Alaska

Oregon

Idaho

Iowa

Missouri

Wisconsin

Louisiana

Kentucky

Alabama

North Carolina

Virginia

Kansas

Driven Through (I count it because especially after this last trip you see A LOT of a state driving through it especially if you stop and visit things along the way)

Montana

Wyoming

South Dakota

Arkansas

Indiana

Tennessee

Nebraska

Mississippi

Georgia

West Virginia.

And in the last week I was in...

Washington

Idaho

Montana

Wyoming

South Dakota

Iowa

Illinois

I should get extra points for that. :lol:

I'm probably the only one on the board that has only lived in one city, one state.. Norfolk, Virginia for all of my 57 years and only visited Florida and North Carolina. Have passed through Georgia and South Carolina. All of Mike's family and mine live in this city. Guess this is unheard of , but I think we invented the term "homebodies".

Sue