Just updating and saying Hi to all

Katester

I just wanted to stop back in again and see how everyone was doing. I've been following the board as I can now that I am back to work full time and pretty much doing just fine. I am NED as of yesterday.

I can't say that the surgery recovery road wasn't without it's ups and downs. Some days I get clear reminders that I had lung surgery last December. For the most part, I take each day and consider it a gift.

I learned today that a coworker of mine of many years has lung cancer.

He and his wife stopped by my office as they picked up disability papers.

I didn't know what to say. I had to search for the words . He has most of his right lung involved and is not able to have surgery because he has a left lung weak as well from heavy smoking for many years. My journey was quick and swift to this point as my cancer was caught so early , that I almost didn't feel I had earned the right to share my experience with him.

After speaking with him for a while I realized we did have something in common, our thoughts and emotions were the same. There is no way to express the feeling of being told that one has lung cancer.

I told him about this site and hope he decides to take a look see .

You guys are all such troopers and represent the cause so well.

My thoughts and continuing prayers are with you.