Andrea, how is your mom?

Maryanne

Hi Andrea,

I don't think there has been an update on how you mom is doing lately. I know she had a triple by pass on August 12.

Its over a month now and I hope she is coming along.

Please update when you have a chance.

Maryanne

Thanks for asking Maryanne, that was so sweet of you :) With all the bad news lately it is really hard for her to complain. She is doing ok, but in lots and lots of pain. Still unable to sleep in bed :) (EDITING POST TO ADD THIS QUESTION--She asked me yesterday actually how long some of you had to sleep in recliners after your surgery since it is a similar surgery)

Labor Day weekend was the worst breathing wise. She said later she was afraid to go to ER b/c she did not want a ventilator. I yelled at her :) Drs said she was ok if she co uld catch her breath after 10 minutes of resting. Turned out she had bronchial spasms.

She starts rehab ina few weeks. And meanwhile we have a new issue, she is VERY anemic, losing iron and is getting a 6 week course of an iron transfusion. This started before the bypass, so now we need to f igure out where the blood leak is. Also potassium is too high, so that is a new issue to resolve.

Otherwise, she is plugging along. She FINALLY got her nails done yest, her toes turned orange from some of the meds :)

Thanks again for asking. Sorry for babbling!

Maryanne...thanks so much for asking Andrea about her mom. I have had this on my mind but it seems I always forget to ask. Andrea, please forgive me for being so inconsiderate. You are always so sweet and keep up with all of us. Hopefully, having her nails done will really perk her right up! It seems to always get me out of the slumps!

Saturday is the really big day, it is HAIR color/cut day :) No Nordstroms afterwards though, something about it would tire her out too much :roll: Heeheee.

I am a little concerned about the shampooing, but they will be extra gentle leaning her back in the bowl. And I will probably hover, I am REALLY REALLY good at being annoying and a nag. My mom would say it is my speciality :lol:

I am sure you are the biggest nag with you mom. But nag away, she deserves it.

She will feel so much better with the coloring and Doo. A real lift for her spirts.

You are such a good daughter, you better let her know that when she is well. :)

Have fun on your girls day out.

Maryanne :wink: