My angels has gained his wings

Cellar Door

Today was a day like any other...

We had something to eat and I went to put the dishes in the sink so we could walk to the bathroom.

In the 45 seconds that it took... I came back and found him laying down on the chair.

I said, "Baby, you hurting?"

Nothing.

It started to hit me. I started calling his name louder and louder.

Suddenly, his head turned and he took a big gasp of air in. I ran an turned up the oxygen and came back.

He did not breathe again. I climbed into the chair next to my sweet, precious husband. I put his arm around my waist and started to softly pray... the Our Father turned into the Hail Mary and I cried as I realized I couldn't remember the prayers.

I reached in and got my cell phone and called Hospice to come. I then called his best friend.

I called a mutual friend, and she came right from work to be here with me.

It's all a blur from then until now.

His pain is over, his struggle most valiant.

Here is to Heaven's gain and this world's loss.

To my Tom:

Thank you for teaching me grace and poise. Thank you for your patience with me. I will never lose the sound of your voice in my ear. I will carry on, always with your words in my heart.

As long as I live, you shall live in my every move, thought and word. Rest well my sweet, I will have so very much to tell you the next we meet.

Farewell to you and the youth I have spent with you.

It was but yesterday we met in a dream.

You have sung to me in my aloneness, and I of your longings have built a tower in the sky.

But now our sleep has fled and our dream is over, at it is no longer dawn.

The noontide is upon us and our half waking has turned to fuller day, and we must part.

If in the twilight of memory we should meet once more, we shall speak again together and you shall sing to me a deeper song.

And if our hands should meet in another dream we shall build another tower in the sky.

from The Prophet by Kahlil Gibran.

Thank you all. I shall be back to post as time and emotion allow.

Warm regards,

Cellar Door

So sorry for your loss. May Tom rest in peace and my deepest condolences goes out to you. He put up a good fight. Bless his soul.

Keep those wonderful memories of your Tom alive in your heart where he will live on forever.

One day, I also believe that you two will meet again and it will be a beautiful reunion.

I am sending prayers out to you for strength to get through this.

So sorry for your loss, this is so sad. :(

Maryanne

I feel your pain. I know that no one can truly understand how you feel even those of us who have been where you are. I can just say reading your words they could have been mine. Rejoice that you had such a wonderful love in your life. No one can ever take that away from you. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Lillian