Confused about treatment

rmm17

I'm not sure i'm getting the full story from my mom b/c i wasnt there when the doctors talked to her. Maybe you guys can help me decipher. She started chemo--a med. that started with a C and one with an E? Then in 21-28 days she starts radiation 2x a day, but she didnt say how long. And What are considered "rounds" and what are "cycles" and "doses". This is all confusing to me. I want to make sure she gets better as quick as possible. Does this make sense to anyone who could maybe explain whats going on?

Too bad you are not able to go to the doctors with your Mom, it would help you.

I think Joannie has had a a treatment like your Mom. Read her reply to your last post "Limited Small Cell"

Donna G

We have the same problems with getting limited, somewhat confusing information. Perhaps your mom could take a tape recorder with her to the appointments if someone is not able to be with her and take good notes.

We have been trying really hard to make arrangements for a family member to go to the appointments with my FIL.