Update on Mom

StarrC

First I want to thank everyone for their kind words and advise. Unfortunately, I don't think I will be able to take mom to the places she would love to visit. Just 5 days after learning that she had terminal lung cancer, she had a stroke (unrelated to the cancer) and is now paralyzed and needs to be placed in a skilled nursing facility for 24 hour care. I can't believe life can be so cruel! Just a week and a half ago, she was a fairly healthy 63 year old lady who could care for herself and enjoy life! Now she has to rely on strangers to care for her! I feel like I've been cheated in that I can't be the one to care for her. I am attempting to get her into a nursing home that has a hospice program so that they will make her comfortable and maintain her dignity!

Anyway, thank you for your thoughts and God Bless all of you!

Starr

Oh Starr,

I am so sorry for the major setback your mom took. I could read your hurt and I wish there was something I could do to ease your pain. Especially, that you cannot care for your mom yourself. Even though she had a stroke, I know in my heart that you mom knows that you would want to do that for her.

Just be there as much as you can and keep telling her how much you love her.

Hospice would be wonderful for you as they will make her comfortable.

I wish I had a magic wand that I could wave and make it all go away and make her the way she was. But, of course life is not a fairy tale, we all do not live happily every after. We make the best of what is tossed our way. If it is a detour, we have to find a way to go around it and hopefully get back on the right path. I am talking about for you, mentally and spiritually. But everything takes time.

Its amazing at times like therse, that life is so precious and could be taken away at any time. Your mom seems to have had a full life and was a very active individual. That part is a blessing.

I am so sorry that she is in the position now in her life. She is still so young.

Take care, and know we are always here for you.

Praying for you mom.

Maryanne