Removed from Clinical Trial

Guest DaveG

Guest DaveG

As many of know I have been on a clinical trial in association with Carbo/Taxel. Because of fatigue and blood counts going every which way, I have been pulled from the clinical trial. As far as the remaining 2 cycles of Carbo/Taxel. I won't know anything about that until next Tuesday, after my CT Scan Monday.

I am feeling much better since being removed from the trial as I am getting my energy back and have gotten rid of the constant nausea I was being plaqued with as well. If I am removed from the carbo/taxel, they already have plans in place. I am not going the put out for "pasture" (as we say in Wisconsin), options are still available.

So again here I am in a lurch, not knowing what is going to happen next, yet knowing something is going to heppen next. :roll::roll::roll:

Well Dave,

OPTIONS, OPTIONS, and MORE OPTIONS!!! THANK GOD there are MORE OPTIONS and CHOICES to turn too!!! :wink: BUT, back to the dreaded Waiting Games!! I think sometimes the waiting games are worse then dealing with the cancer in it's self!! It's a 50/50 situation! They both SUCK!

So glad to hear your feeling better though. That chemo sure can play havoc on our bodies!! But, we don't give up!

Your still in my prayers and we'll be waiting to hear what the next step in the game plan will be next week. Praying for a GOOD CT SCAN for next Tuesday.

Warm and Gentle Hugs,

I know how you feel about lurch. I was pulled from a trial before I started it because I had a brain met and then my insurance wouldn't pay for that dr anymore becuase I cldn't be in the trial, so I had to find a new one so I could get started with chemo. At least there are options. Hang in there!

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear about having to stop the clinical trail but there is a reason for everything even though we sometimes don't see it...

They might start you back on chemo but only using one med instead of two. The two are really hard on a body per my buddy's dr and they don't want to wear the body down when it is weak.

Go on out and play another round of golf :lol: and let the experts decide what is next.

Guest DaveG

Have been getting some golf in and hope to continue on the carbo/taxol until its completion (2 more cycles). I have been feeling better since the trial was stopped on Tuesday, seems each day just gets to be that much better.