We made First Chemo treatment

elkiesmom

Gary's Chemo went very well yesterday until they put the Taxol Drip in him. He had to stop because he couldn't breath. He used his rescue inhaler and they then gave him some oxygen and after a bit they tried again and this time his body was use to the Taxol. They then gave him the carboplatin and that was fine.So we have 1 week down and 15 more treatments left.He feels great and so far no symptons. In fact he is in the pool right now having a great time. I had to pass the great news.

Lorrie

• 2 weeks later...

Tomorrow will be Gary's third Chemo treatment and so far all is well. Gary got a buzz cut last week and it looks great but it might last for only another day or two. Plus his face hair is getting thinner on the right side I hope the left side catches up.gary said when Chemo is over he will keep his hair short no more fuss.

Lorrie

Lorrie, I'm so glad to hear that things are going well with Gary's treatment. Thanks for keeping us posted! I'm sending good thoughts your way and saying prayers for continuing great results!

Keeping fingers and toes crossed that all goes well with the third infusion.

One of the things I DID like about being bald is it took 15 minutes to get ready in the morning. A quick shower, brush the teeth, draw on some eyebrows, and I was good to go. :wink:

Tell not to shave the head with a razor between now and when the hair falls out. He could end up with something called Foliculitis (inflammation or infection of the hair follicles) and it is no fun at all. (please excuse the spelling if I've misspelled anything. Too lazy this morning to use the spell checker).