Lung Cancer Awareness Month

iowagirl

:D I'm working with the Governor's staff. He will be signing a proclamation in Oct. making November "Lung Cancer Awareness Month" in Iowa. You can contact lungcanceralliance.org if you are interested in getting a proclamation signed in your state. They have a gal who has the forms that can be e-mailed to you and then edited with your state info. They are trying to get as many state proclamations as they can before Nov. 1st. or even after if there is not enough time.

Take Care, God Bless and Hugs to all

iowagirl

Dear Iowagirl,

Thanks for sharing this with the members of LCSC.

Minnesota is on that list of Being Proclaimed for the month of November (Lung Cancer Awareness Month)

We had that done about 3+ years ago when Jesse Ventura was our GOV! :wink:

Just for your FYI, you might want to check with your Governors Office to make sure someone in Iowa hasn't done that already. I kind of remember a few years back that someone from Iowa was going to send in the Proclamation request. But, they may not have.

my state has one, but I can't seem to find the actual proclamation online. the governer's office hasn't responded to an email (and a phone call :oops: ) yet, but I really want the proclamation - a woman from the American Cancer Society didn't know Nov. was LC Awareness Month! all she knew about was the Smoke-out on 11/17. shocking!! I want to educate her.

Way to go Bunny!!! ACS sometimes seems to forget that lung cancer kills more people and getts less funding and therefore less respect for the people with Lung Cancer. You can get lots of help from these sites:

lungcanceralliance.org

womenagainstlungcancer.org

lungevity.org

Pam

LCA is looking for advocates in North Dakota, Nebraska and Wyoming. They need advocates in those states who are willing to work towards getting their state government to sign the "Lung Cancer Awareness Month" proclamation. They have the forms and will give you all the hekp they can to get this achieved. If interested contact: lungcanceralliance.org

I believe the info is on the 1st page.

Thanks,

iowagirl (PamM)

Wow, Connie you already have pictures up from the event last evening! Way to go girl! I bet you didn't even get home til nearly 10:30! We look pretty darn good! Donna G