Getting to Know You - September 28

Ann

Although some don't think of sports figures as entertainers, I certainly do. Many of them work very hard to entertain us. I would absolutely love to sit down and chat with Kyle Petty. I am totally in awe of him and the work he has sone to help ill children by building the Victory Junction Camp in North Carolina. This is something good that has come from a tremendous amout of pain. For those of you that don't follow racing, Kyle Petty lost his son, Adam in a terrible racing accident a few years ago. In memory of Adam, this camp for sick children came to be. The amount of love this man has for his son and the pain from his loss shows every time he talks about Adam.

Paul Newman. He was always my heart throb.. Been married soooo many years to Joanne Woodworth and has done so much for sick children. He has camps especially for them which and uses the procedes from his foods to help fund it.

He is a definitely a roll model.

Maryanne

hmmm....I don't know...so many to choose from!!!There are two that I just love to see interviewed....Tom Hanks and John Travolta- they seem so "down to earth" but then there is Robert Redford......and Duvaul (Cindy- did you se the movie he made with Meryl Streep- Falling in LOve?....GREAT !!!!) and I have been enjoying Ann Curie on the Today show......oh so many!!!!!

Robin Williams. I love to laugh and I find him funny, but that's not the reason. Mr. Williams and Christopher Reeve were friends and when Superman had his accident, Mr. Williams "stepped up to the plate" and footed his friend's extensive hospital bills (or so an article stated).

Second choice would be Erma Bombeck, but she's pretty busy with her new gig, I'm sure...